Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wera Tools

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good? Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

Not that specific brand - but go & look in your local Wickes - you might
be in for a pleasant surprise.

Buying things like screwdrivers is difficult just by looking - it's how
they survive in use that tells good from bad, especially pozidriv etc. A
well machined point and decent steel makes all the difference. And
unfortunately price isn't that good a guide.

I've got another example. I wanted pliers and cutters for a toolkit which
will likely get trashed so got a set from Lidl for pennies. And was
surprised to find the cutters coped fine with piano wire. I could have
paid several times that price for ones which couldn't.

--
*Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away! *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.