Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 60A or 16A - commercial dishwasher

I just made a rather rash ebay purchase on a commercial dishwasher.
When i picked it up the guy said it was hard wired into a 60A supply.
From what I've googled these units seem to be rated at around 16A

(Model Newscan Lambar).

I'm no expert but the cable out the back certainly doesn't look as if
its for 60A, it looks roughly the same thickness and core thickness as
a cooker cable.

I'll get an electrician to take a look and wire it in but if it is 60A
i certainly won't have enough power for it. (I do have some spare 20A
radials on 10mm cable).

Anyone got any experience with these? Does it really take 60A?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just made a rather rash ebay purchase on a commercial dishwasher.
When i picked it up the guy said it was hard wired into a 60A supply.
From what I've googled these units seem to be rated at around 16A

(Model Newscan Lambar).

I'm no expert but the cable out the back certainly doesn't look as if
its for 60A, it looks roughly the same thickness and core thickness as
a cooker cable.

I'll get an electrician to take a look and wire it in but if it is 60A
i certainly won't have enough power for it. (I do have some spare 20A
radials on 10mm cable).

Anyone got any experience with these? Does it really take 60A?

The last one I looked at was a 16A three phase supply.
It was something like 13kw.
It would do a wash in 90 seconds.
It was no bigger than my Hotpoint one.
Be aware that they don't always have detergent/rinse aid dispensers and you
may need to add one in a nearby cupboard.

German Kitchen Appliance to UK - 3200w 16a [email protected] UK diy 15 July 13th 06 02:43 PM
Safely connecting generator to existing 16A circuit [email protected] UK diy 10 June 9th 06 10:12 AM
60A Subpanel a12vman Home Repair 4 December 11th 05 11:47 AM
lennox 80MGF3-60A-7 fails to ignite HeatMan Home Repair 0 October 23rd 05 12:02 AM
16A fused spur Christian McArdle UK diy 19 October 14th 03 01:41 PM