Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who wanted a switched plug top?

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:02:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
mused:

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

Aye. It was me.
Bar code would be good, thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumps wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

Aye. It was me.
Bar code would be good, thanks.

Typical innit? Carefully remove it from poly bag, left bag neatly folded on
worktop whilst I fitted plug to Geaorge Foreman gill thingy.

SWMBO tidied up & binned it!! Recovered from bin, thankfully avoiding
uneaten baked beans!

Anywho - Descreibed as "PLUG WITH SWITCH AND NEON" Bar code number 5 015056
359397. Another code reads "PT13SWN-BQ".

HTH

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Grumps wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

Aye. It was me.
Bar code would be good, thanks.

Typical innit? Carefully remove it from poly bag, left bag neatly
folded on worktop whilst I fitted plug to Geaorge Foreman gill thingy.

That should have been George Foreman Grill Thingy.................

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumps wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

Aye. It was me.
Bar code would be good, thanks.

Typical innit? Carefully remove it from poly bag, left bag neatly folded
on worktop whilst I fitted plug to Geaorge Foreman gill thingy.

SWMBO tidied up & binned it!! Recovered from bin, thankfully avoiding
uneaten baked beans!

Anywho - Descreibed as "PLUG WITH SWITCH AND NEON" Bar code number 5
015056 359397. Another code reads "PT13SWN-BQ".

Thanks Dave.
I wish my SWMBO tidied up as efficiently as yours.
My old grandad used to have a pet/tame jackdaw that used to eat baked beans.
But I digress.
Thanks again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

'Scuse me for being stooooopid but why would you want a switched plug
top . Don't most sockets have switches .?? Altho' I suppose they
might be useful in trailing leads so you can switch each appliance off
indiviually .

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

'Scuse me for being stooooopid but why would you want a switched plug
top . Don't most sockets have switches .?? Altho' I suppose they
might be useful in trailing leads so you can switch each appliance off
indiviually .

Once upon a time unswitched sockets were the norm and, if you still
have some unswitched sockets, a switched plug may be just what is
needed.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

'Scuse me for being stooooopid but why would you want a switched plug
top . Don't most sockets have switches .?? Altho' I suppose they
might be useful in trailing leads so you can switch each appliance off
indiviually .

In my case, I have a 6 way trailing socket attached to the wall in the
kitchen. Toaster, coffee maker, etc, etc. The George Foreman grill doesn't
have an on/off switch and it's a PITA plugging it in / unplugging it all the
time.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

'Scuse me for being stooooopid but why would you want a switched plug
top . Don't most sockets have switches .?? Altho' I suppose they
might be useful in trailing leads so you can switch each appliance off
indiviually .

In my case, I have a 6 way trailing socket attached to the wall in the
kitchen. Toaster, coffee maker, etc, etc. The George Foreman grill doesn't
have an on/off switch and it's a PITA plugging it in / unplugging it all the
time.

And I could use them for my aquarium .Pump,Filter.lights ( two)
Heater. Although a wiring unit would be cheaper it usually only has
two on/off switches .

13A plug, switched Grumps UK diy 13 April 18th 07 08:55 PM
Swtiched/non-switched receptacle; which one on top? mm Home Repair 7 November 24th 06 11:46 PM
Does code require a switched receptical if you have switched overheads? Dr.John Home Repair 12 March 8th 06 02:14 PM
mini din type DC power plug wanted can't trace it [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 June 12th 05 07:02 AM
HP Fuser Cores Wanted "Top Dollar Paid" [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 January 12th 05 01:49 AM