Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long after damp proof injection can you decorate

My colleague is buying an old house and has to have damp proof
chemicals injected. They also have to chop back the plaster upto 6
feet on 3/4 of the house.

Its obviously going to be plastered, but how long after can you re-
decorate?

When I bought my first house (about 15 years ago), I had the same
thing done and I seem to remember I wasn't allowed to decorate for
something like 6 months due to the 'salt deposits' coming out of the
plaster.

Is this still the case? Will he be able to redecorate shortly after
the walls have been plastered, or do you have to wait?

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Apr, 17:48, wrote:

My colleague is buying an old house and has to have damp proof
chemicals injected. They also have to chop back the plaster upto 6
feet on 3/4 of the house.

Its obviously going to be plastered, but how long after can you re-
decorate?

DPC injection is nearly always inappropriate advice for historic
buildings. For more info ask
http://periodpropertyshop.co.uk/phpB...18275ac5 cd5d

As for paint after plastering, straight away if you use a porous
paint.

NT