Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small bathroom floor preparation

Having now decided on a Cushionfloor type of covering for a bathroom (approx
2m x 2m) I would like to check out some thoughts:

1. I need to cover the T & G with plywood to give a good surface. Using
ply, will it have a tendency to de-laminate around the screw countersinks?

2 What spec of ply should I use?

3. Must I screw it - wouldn't pins and adhesive work just as well -
after all it isn't going to have to resist much more than a possible
tendency to lift slightly and "slap" the floor underneath.

4. I understand cushionfloor can be stuck down - is there a 'low-tack'
adhesive that is just suffienent to stop it lifting and bubbling?

5. Any ideas for dealing with the edges at the skirting? I don't want to
remove the skirting.

6. I hope to slide it under the pedestal and the WC as I had them
installed on spacers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Having now decided on a Cushionfloor type of covering for a bathroom
(approx 2m x 2m) I would like to check out some thoughts:

1. I need to cover the T & G with plywood to give a good surface.
Using ply, will it have a tendency to de-laminate around the screw
countersinks?

If you use something like Screwfix Turbo Gold screws, 12mm ply will splinter
a little as the screw countersinks itself, but nothing a quick rub down with
sandpaper won't sort.

2 What spec of ply should I use?

WBP.

3. Must I screw it - wouldn't pins and adhesive work just as well -
after all it isn't going to have to resist much more than a possible
tendency to lift slightly and "slap" the floor underneath.

Screws definately. Once screwed down it stays down.

4. I understand cushionfloor can be stuck down - is there a
'low-tack' adhesive that is just suffienent to stop it lifting and
bubbling?

Pass.

5. Any ideas for dealing with the edges at the skirting? I don't
want to remove the skirting.

Cut carefully & apply a bead of silicone to stop water getting underneath.

6. I hope to slide it under the pedestal and the WC as I had them
installed on spacers.

Best idea, real bugger cutting it around

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
John wrote:
Having now decided on a Cushionfloor type of covering for a bathroom
(approx 2m x 2m) I would like to check out some thoughts:

snip

4. I understand cushionfloor can be stuck down - is there a
'low-tack' adhesive that is just suffienent to stop it lifting and
bubbling?

wide, double sided tape? like use for sticking down carpet tiles.

--
Chris French