Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains input board anchorage

The incoming fuse box, meter and consumer unit are mounted on a piece of
ply. This was fixed to the wall with four wood screws through stand off
insulators. Unfortunately this has become loose, two screws and
insulators are missing. To refasten it are the insulators necessary?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:21:41 +0100, Broadback wrote:

The incoming fuse box, meter and consumer unit are mounted on a piece of
ply. This was fixed to the wall with four wood screws through stand off
insulators.

The meter board and stand-off spacers are - or were - supplied by your
local electricity distribution company. Ring them, tell them it's coming
loose and could they kindly refix it back to the wall.

Having said that, the old area boards always used to be a bit sniffy about
consumer units being mounted on the meter board......

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"Broadback" wrote in message
The incoming fuse box, meter and consumer unit are mounted on a piece of
ply. This was fixed to the wall with four wood screws through stand off
insulators. Unfortunately this has become loose, two screws and insulators
are missing. To refasten it are the insulators necessary?

I'd have thought not as mine looks like they aren't insulators just spacers.

A suitable spacer from a batten would do the trick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Apr, 10:21, Broadback wrote:
The incoming fuse box, meter and consumer unit are mounted on a piece of
ply. This was fixed to the wall with four wood screws through stand off
insulators. Unfortunately this has become loose, two screws and
insulators are missing. To refasten it are the insulators necessary?

I think theyre to keep condensation off the electrical equipment,
theyre not insulators specifically.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 16 Apr, 10:21, Broadback wrote:
The incoming fuse box, meter and consumer unit are mounted on a piece of
ply. This was fixed to the wall with four wood screws through stand off
insulators. Unfortunately this has become loose, two screws and
insulators are missing. To refasten it are the insulators necessary?

I think theyre to keep condensation off the electrical equipment,
theyre not insulators specifically.

NT

Nope you are all wrong, we used to call them meter board mints, and they're
purpose is to prevent the damp proof course being breached.
--
Regards

Stephen Dawson
Fox Electrical Services Ltd