Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Light switch in bathroom

Hi, currently the light in my bathroom is controlled
by a two-gang switch just outside the bathroom door
(the other half of the two-gang is the landing light)

I would like to move the bathroom light switch to
inside the bathroom -- in fact immediately the other
side of the wall to the existing switch would be fine.

Does anyone know of any single-pole switches that can
be installed in Zone 3? All I've been able to come
across is IPx4 rated switches for outdoor use (which
are too fugly for use indoors)

The "ideal" solution of fitting a pull cord switch
doesn't appear to be possible as I have no access to
the bathroom ceiling void (because there isn't one,
its a flat roof)

Any suggestions most welcome!

--Mike

p.s. why it is acceptable to use a switch outside
the bathroom door with wet hands but not inside
is another question...