Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Light switch in bathroom

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
Thanks to all who have replied. I must admit that I assumed
that a "normal" light switch should not be installed in a
bathroom. Even if this is legit, would it be regarded as
best practice?

I'm worried that it might not get passed by a picky BCO (I'm
replacing the entire bathroom suite so the work is
notifiable).

I'd like to avoid the hassle of chopping thru the ceiling
to gain access to fit a pull-cord switch as it would be
beyond my competence to re-plaster everything afterwards
(trust me on this ;-)

Finally, can anyone advise as to where to obtain an IP
rated switch suitable for indoor use, or am I on a fools
errand looking for one?

I saw an advert today for a no volt no battery switch. I will and try to
find a link for you.

Personally I would not move the switch. There is nothing wrong with an
external switch. Pull cords are ugly (if you did fit one). At what point do
you need to get off the toilet or out of the bath to turn the lights on?
Even my girlfriend cannot spend long enough in the bath for the sun to set.

Adam