Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microbore to bathroom sink/taps?

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

Niall

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Mar 2007 13:35:08 -0700, "Niall Smart"
wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

Niall

I have 10mm between the bath feeds and the basin taps .I did this
beacuse the pipe sits behind the wall behind the basin and it was
awkward to get it to line up with the chrome feeds to the basin which
go through the wall .There is no problem with water flow altho' it is
fairly short .
Stuart .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
Niall Smart writes

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

I've got about 2m of 8mm (poss 10mm??) on the end of a 4m run to my
kitchen taps & it is fine but the flow is significantly less that that from the
15mm mains cold feed. Hot feed is tank fed but at approx 25m head so
almost mains press. I tried 10mm for the 10m or so to the bathroom and it
was a complete disaster, whilst it was feeding both the sink and the bath it
was still too slow for the sink only. I used 15mm plastic to replace it and
that is fine.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Niall Smart wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

Stayed in several places on the continent which had microbore to the
taps - worked fine.

Microbore bender? You mean a pair of hands, right?

Ben
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:56:24 +0100, Ben Blaukopf
mused:

Microbore bender? You mean a pair of hands, right?

So you have a houseful of flat microbore then?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Niall Smart" wrote in message
ups.com...

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

When I had the kitchen ceiling down during kitchen extension I took the time
to pipe mains water to bathroom sink and ensuite sink. I was going to use
10mm Osmagold plastic, as per rest of house in Osmagold, (E-bay £20 for 50m)
as I could get 10mm behind the plasterboard in the kitchen so no wall
chasing necessary. I tried it first though, possibly a 6m run (ie the pipe
length I was going to use but just out in the open across the floor) and
flow was, present but hardly anything to write home about and this despite
having high mains water pressure. Any way I also tried 15m,m in fact about
10m (cut ready for another job) and flow was miles better, in fact tap full
on water shoots out the sink.

So I now have chased in the wall 15mm pipe and a valve under sink to reduce
flow a tad, works fine, really glad I went to the effore and did it (both
mains water and 15mm pipe). Oh I had to chase the wall anyway to put in 15mm
CH pipes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 28, 10:56 pm, Ben Blaukopf wrote:

Stayed in several places on the continent which had microbore to the
taps - worked fine.

It's common to have a microbore connection to the taps but only a foot
or so long. I think the concensus is try it and see.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Niall Smart" wrote in message
ups.com...

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

Niall

Hep2O have worked examples of pipe size/flow rates in the pdf at
http://www.hep2o.co.uk/pdf/THDesignConsiderations.pdf

Peter K

Posted to uk.d-i-y
df df is offline

On 30 Mar, 03:58, "PeterK" asdfgh wrote:
"Niall Smart" wrote in message

ups.com...

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps
(not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it
might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular
1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more
tools (microbore bender).

Niall

Hep2O have worked examples of pipe size/flow rates in the pdf athttp://www.hep2o.co.uk/pdf/THDesignConsiderations.pdf

Peter K

I was thinking of doing that with 10mm Microbore copper but only short
lengths to radiators.

thanks for the answers

df

How to clean old bathroom taps [email protected] Home Repair 5 February 3rd 07 02:32 PM
Bathroom shower taps Steve Walker UK diy 5 August 30th 06 06:04 PM
Loose Sink Taps Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com UK diy 10 June 8th 06 06:17 PM
Bathroom Taps - Gold effect AMO UK diy 8 May 5th 06 11:49 AM
Prolong the life of your sink and basin taps - by many many years! AL UK diy 10 October 17th 05 12:20 AM