Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plot Plans

Hi all

Anyone know where a local plot plan can be downloaded for inclusion with
planning permission?
They are asking for a scale of 1:1250 - I have supplied a "closer" version
at 1:500.
The version I submitted shows immediately adjacent properties so I could
simply re-scale mine to 1250.
But knowing these jobsworths they'd take umbridge and delay permission to
max allowable.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Mar, 11:21, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

Anyone know where a local plot plan can be downloaded for inclusion with
planning permission?
They are asking for a scale of 1:1250 - I have supplied a "closer" version
at 1:500.
The version I submitted shows immediately adjacent properties so I could
simply re-scale mine to 1250.
But knowing these jobsworths they'd take umbridge and delay permission to
max allowable.

Phil

Well my local council insisted I had "official" copies, which are
supplied by them via a deal with the Ordnance Survey. About 16 quid
for the plans for building control. Not sure about planning drawing -
I did not need them.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Anyone know where a local plot plan can be downloaded for inclusion with
planning permission?
They are asking for a scale of 1:1250 - I have supplied a "closer" version
at 1:500.
The version I submitted shows immediately adjacent properties so I could
simply re-scale mine to 1250.
But knowing these jobsworths they'd take umbridge and delay permission to
max allowable.

Phil

They usually specify no less than 1:1250, so 1:500 would be fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

Anyone know where a local plot plan can be downloaded for inclusion with
planning permission?
They are asking for a scale of 1:1250 - I have supplied a "closer" version
at 1:500.
The version I submitted shows immediately adjacent properties so I could
simply re-scale mine to 1250.
But knowing these jobsworths they'd take umbridge and delay permission to
max allowable.

Phil

AFAIK you can download appropriate maps during the online planning
application process at:
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk

How printed plans etc. integrate into this I don't know - just seen at
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/genpub/en/1026377885328.html

a "walkthrough demo" of the online planning process.

Of general interest the site has links to building regs, planning volume
calculators etc

PeterK