Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What equipment do I need to grow a small cannabis plant in my room?

I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

Why would you need heat and light if you can put it in the window?
You only need the heat and light if you want to hide it from the police.

Thanks for any advice.

Best advice.. don't smoke!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Mar, 02:09, wrote:

I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

Thanks for any advice.

then why buy something here? Bull**** detected.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

Thanks for any advice.

Who are you kidding Stefan?

--

Graham.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Ian is offline

"dennis@home" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

Plant pots!

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

You're better going to a pet shop and looking at the lights sold for fish
tanks, or go to
a garden centre. You don't need them anyway unless you have a factory
going.

Why would you need heat and light if you can put it in the window?

Amsterdam can be fairly cold, a few weeks ago it was around 2c at night.

You only need the heat and light if you want to hide it from the police.

You can't do that as they have used the thermal imager on the helicopter for
years to detect unusual heat sources. You need to install a heat shield if
growing in a loft.

Thanks for any advice.

Best advice.. don't smoke!

I agree, you can also eat the stuff but it is cheap enough to buy in
Amsterdam. The price is only high in the UK because of supply and demand
and the way young people think it's great. I think it's very over rated and
a waste of money. Google for hydroponics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Mrz., 11:12, "Ian" wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Maybe I could make a day trip to Amsterdam (flight - £80)

Could I bring a very small quantity back?

And I agree - smoking is harmful - I have never tried eating it.

It may be overrated. I haven't had any for 2-3 years now! Used to do
it all the time at uni

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"dennis@home" writes:
What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

Why would you need heat and light if you can put it in the window?
You only need the heat and light if you want to hide it from the police.

Which reminds me...
Police raided several cannabis houses in Luton a while back.
They took the plants away, and gave the lamps to some local
worthy cause (probably a school, but I can't remember).
A few weeks later, all the local second-hand shops seem to
be full of large horticultural growing lights. Being interested
in high intensity discharge lighting, I took a look, but
they were all 600W, which is a rather unconventional wattage
for other purposes, so I passed on buying one for my collection.
Still, I expect they were snapped up by people who could
think of a perfect use for them...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Mar 2007 04:00:14 -0800, wrote:

On 10 Mrz., 11:12, "Ian" wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Why a day trip? I thought you were moving there...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 10, 2:09 am, wrote:
I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from
HomeBase/B & Q?

In this country you need an heat exchanger to grow it in your loft.
High power to light ratio is a downer so low lights and high
reflection might be better.

Sodium lamps are about the cheapest things to leave running all day
and night. I don't know how effective they are for growing plants. Try
some out first with legal stuff before setting up an illegal garden.

Clad the roof in Cellotex between the rafters, some of that NASA foam/
aluminium sandwich foil barrier over the lot. And a fan in the
ridge(s) directing the heat generated down to the loft hatch where an
heat exchanger will give you some useful feedback for the rest of the
house.

As the police use infra-red detectors in helicopters to guess where
the stuff is grown, time and effort spent on venting the heat is the
main concern. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. (Bear in mind God made
all plants and gave them to us for food vss the modern standards met
with in the local GP's surgery and the NHS in general.)

make a small room look Big Banker Pete Home Repair 5 April 26th 06 04:28 PM
Small shower room ScoobyDoo UK diy 1 December 31st 05 04:04 PM
Dining room too small? Chris Home Ownership 0 July 27th 05 12:47 AM
charity plant sales - plant licences? Chris Bacon UK diy 1 May 11th 05 07:49 PM
Making a small room look bigger ........... Frank Z UK diy 8 July 19th 03 11:12 PM