Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Chris

Default Dining room too small?

We are looking to buy an older house and are thinking of moving the
kitchen and then using the existing kitchen room as a dining room.
Problem is the future dining room would be smallish I think, at 10' by
12'. It would be open on the ends (an archway), so the length would
feel a little bigger I guess, but there is a wall on the side (and a
window on the other side, which would also help open it up), so the 10'
width is pretty solid. We could maybe open that side wall also but
would prefer not to.

Is that too small to be practical? We would probably have a 40" wide
table in there. It's hard to judge how it would feel, or if there
would be adequate room for people to get up and walk past other diners
if they wanted to leave the table for something. Anyone have a dining
room that size?

Thanks,
Chris