Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lifting carpets

I have a fitted carpet (2 years old) and need to get under the floorboards,
do some work and put the carpet back. I have access to a knee kicker, but
how difficult will it be to make a neat job of getting the carpet back into
place?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim S wrote:
I have a fitted carpet (2 years old) and need to get under the
floorboards, do some work and put the carpet back. I have access to a
knee kicker, but how difficult will it be to make a neat job of getting
the carpet back into place?

Usually easy - it's the initial fitting that is the tricky bit.

--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim S wrote:
I have a fitted carpet (2 years old) and need to get under the floorboards,
do some work and put the carpet back. I have access to a knee kicker, but
how difficult will it be to make a neat job of getting the carpet back into
place?

It's not under tension so should flop back easily. Just tuck it down at
the edges with a paint scraper
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim S wrote:
I have a fitted carpet (2 years old) and need to get under the
floorboards, do some work and put the carpet back. I have access to a
knee kicker, but how difficult will it be to make a neat job of getting
the carpet back into place?

Usually easy - it's the initial fitting that is the tricky bit.

--

The OP didn't state the room measurements. It might bes 3 miles wide by 6
miles long.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim S wrote:
I have a fitted carpet (2 years old) and need to get under the
floorboards, do some work and put the carpet back. I have access to a
knee kicker, but how difficult will it be to make a neat job of getting
the carpet back into place?

Usually easy - it's the initial fitting that is the tricky bit.

--

The OP didn't state the room measurements. It might bes 3 miles wide by 6
miles long.

Arthur

It is a big room, but I only need to get at an area 10ft x 5 ft against the
wall.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Scotchguard on carpets. Black Shuck Home Ownership 3 October 18th 06 12:32 PM
Nylon Carpets andrewpreece UK diy 13 April 29th 05 09:45 PM
Cheap Carpets Mark UK diy 1 March 3rd 05 11:57 AM
Measuring Carpets andrewpreece UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:38 PM
Scotchgard and carpets Ezhik UK diy 2 October 29th 04 07:10 AM