Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Designated parking spaces at superstore

On 2007-02-21 09:26:10 +0000, Grunff said:

Andy Hall wrote:

What about that nodding dog with the eyes that light up when the brake
lights come on? ;-)

That might go better in our other car, a 4.0 litre Jeep Wrangler.

(bring on the anti 4x4 comments)

Yes, but when you aren't a regular visitor to SW3 it hardly matters, does it?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:03:12 +0000, Grunff wrote:

John wrote:

They should have BMW places at all stores - near the doors because BMW
drivers are arrogant and flaunt any rules

What an idiotic thing to say.

(yes, I do drive a BMW)

So you're not biased then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

John wrote:

They should have BMW places at all stores - near the doors because BMW
drivers are arrogant and flaunt any rules

What an idiotic thing to say.

(yes, I do drive a BMW)

So you're not biased then.

It *was* idiotic. People very rarely flaunt laws.

They do flout them, though.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

John wrote:

They should have BMW places at all stores - near the doors because BMW
drivers are arrogant and flaunt any rules

What an idiotic thing to say.

(yes, I do drive a BMW)

So you're not biased then.

It *was* idiotic. People very rarely flaunt laws.

They do flout them, though.

Strange, I thought that our dear Home Secretary and PM flaunted laws
every day. As in, "Look at my latest new law, isn't it fantastic!" Both
of them probably would drive BMWs, if their party let them*...

*Sorry cheap shot. I don't know anyone that drives a BMW. John Deere is
what most of my neighbours drive.

BMW - somehow I don't think an owner of one would want it to be daily
undersealed with cow poo. So, not many around here.

--
Sue
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Palindrome wrote:

BMW - somehow I don't think an owner of one would want it to be daily
undersealed with cow poo. So, not many around here.

Erm, ours has a generous layer - there's nothing in the BMW owner's
manual which specifically warns against getting it muddy/****ty.

I really don't get this reverse snobbery - I choose what I drive based
on how its put together and how it drives. I'm not going to let what
people think of a brand influence my decision. End of story.

--
Grunff
http://www.greendoug.com - a forum for all things environmental

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Grunff wrote:
Palindrome wrote:

BMW - somehow I don't think an owner of one would want it to be daily
undersealed with cow poo. So, not many around here.

Erm, ours has a generous layer - there's nothing in the BMW owner's
manual which specifically warns against getting it muddy/****ty.

I really don't get this reverse snobbery - I choose what I drive based
on how its put together and how it drives. I'm not going to let what
people think of a brand influence my decision. End of story.

Sorry, you misunderstood.

If you care about how it is put together, you probably care about how it
is looked after and maintained. IIUC, a healthy coating of crap
underneath blocks up drain holes and traps water and road salt against
the metalwork and rots it pretty quickly.

So, here, people buy cheap cars and only clean them for weddings and
funerals. They don't wear their best Rolex whilst shoving sheep through
the dip, either.

--
Sue

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Palindrome wrote:

Sorry, you misunderstood.

If you care about how it is put together, you probably care about how it
is looked after and maintained. IIUC, a healthy coating of crap
underneath blocks up drain holes and traps water and road salt against
the metalwork and rots it pretty quickly.

Ok, I get you. This is true, but I'd still rather drive a well made car
that drives nicely and have to clean it twice as often.

They don't wear their best Rolex whilst shoving sheep through
the dip, either.

I've never owned a Rolex. I find the accuracy of my Timex more than
sufficient.

--
Grunff
http://www.greendoug.com - a forum for all things environmental
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , Palindrome
writes
Grunff wrote:
Palindrome wrote:

BMW - somehow I don't think an owner of one would want it to be
daily undersealed with cow poo. So, not many around here.

Erm, ours has a generous layer - there's nothing in the BMW
owner's manual which specifically warns against getting it
muddy/****ty.
I really don't get this reverse snobbery - I choose what I drive
based on how its put together and how it drives. I'm not going to let
what people think of a brand influence my decision. End of story.

I drive what I drive because it's what was around at the time I needed a
car

A good dose of crap underneath keeps the **** off

So, here, people buy cheap cars and only clean them for weddings and
funerals. They don't wear their best Rolex whilst shoving sheep through
the dip, either.

I do possess a "Rolex" - cost about £10 from the Palaguna shopping
centre in Bandung

I've never tried shoving sheep through a dip with it, I have to admit -
does this sort out the real ones from the fakes or what ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Grunff" wrote in message
Palindrome wrote:

Sorry, you misunderstood.

If you care about how it is put together, you probably care about how it
is looked after and maintained. IIUC, a healthy coating of crap
underneath blocks up drain holes and traps water and road salt against
the metalwork and rots it pretty quickly.

Ok, I get you. This is true, but I'd still rather drive a well made car
that drives nicely and have to clean it twice as often.

They don't wear their best Rolex whilst shoving sheep through
the dip, either.

I've never owned a Rolex. I find the accuracy of my Timex more than
sufficient.

--
Grunff
http://www.greendoug.com - a forum for all things environmental

AH but ---------- do you have any sheep

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

raden wrote:
In message , Palindrome
writes

Grunff wrote:

Palindrome wrote:

[...]

Lend me a real and a fake one and I'll nip next door and find out for
you... But it plays havoc with Levi zips..

--
Sue