Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who says Electricians are Bright Sparks?

Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Terry W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Terry W." wrote in message
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Terry W

He might be a plumber who has had an accident!!

--

Rgds

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Terry W." wrote in message
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Nice to see he's taking health and safety seriously, and wearing his goggles
;o)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry W. wrote:
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

That and others he

http://www.systems4business.co.nz/safety-humour.htm

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Terry W.
writes
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Who keeps on digging these up ?

ISTR there are dozens on the site that came from if it's still there

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gizmo." wrote in message

"Terry W." wrote in message
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Nice to see he's taking health and safety seriously, and wearing his
goggles ;o)

Would anyone like to explain what the real dangers actually are?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:14:23 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

"Gizmo." wrote in message

"Terry W." wrote in message
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Nice to see he's taking health and safety seriously, and wearing his
goggles ;o)

Would anyone like to explain what the real dangers actually are?

I think I tend to agree with you.
This is a classic example of blindly assuming that water and electricity
don't mix.

Assuming that the power tool is suitable waterproof and supplied via an
RCD the worker (who is not necessarily an electrician at all) is at
little risk from an electric shock.

The alternative method draining the pool and using an access tower would
be well over the top, if all he's doing is putting a hook up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed Sirett wrote:

Assuming that the power tool is suitable waterproof and supplied via an
RCD the worker (who is not necessarily an electrician at all) is at
little risk from an electric shock.

I would tend to agree, although it would have been even less risk if he
used a cordless!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:26:43 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

Assuming that the power tool is suitable waterproof and supplied via an
RCD the worker (who is not necessarily an electrician at all) is at
little risk from an electric shock.

I would tend to agree, although it would have been even less risk if he
used a cordless!

Agreed 100%, although even my Makita (quality cordless) with a DeWalt
extreme (sharp) masonry bit would struggle with concrete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gizmo." wrote in message

"Terry W." wrote in message
Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2qlwi81.jpg

Nice to see he's taking health and safety seriously, and wearing his
goggles ;o)

Would anyone like to explain what the real dangers actually are?

I think I tend to agree with you.
This is a classic example of blindly assuming that water and electricity
don't mix.

Assuming that the power tool is suitable waterproof and supplied via an
RCD the worker (who is not necessarily an electrician at all) is at
little risk from an electric shock.

If you dropped a cheap and nasty mains drill in the pool it still isn't
going to give him even a mild jolt.

You would need to do something really silly with an earth wire before you
could get a shock.

The alternative method draining the pool and using an access tower would
be well over the top, if all he's doing is putting a hook up.

A Hilti gun would be my preferred method its quicker even if it is more
dangerous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"dennis@home" writes:
If you dropped a cheap and nasty mains drill in the pool it still isn't
going to give him even a mild jolt.

You would need to do something really silly

Like reaching in to retrieve it...

with an earth wire before you could get a shock.

Haven't seen an earthed drill for decades.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"dennis@home" writes:
If you dropped a cheap and nasty mains drill in the pool it still isn't
going to give him even a mild jolt.

You would need to do something really silly

Like reaching in to retrieve it...

It would have little effect.. there has to be a current path through the
body for you to get a shock.
There isn't one created by just dropping a drill in a pool you have to have
something else too.

with an earth wire before you could get a shock.

Haven't seen an earthed drill for decades.

Less chance of getting a shock then.

flyback transformer sparks mm Electronics Repair 8 February 21st 07 04:00 AM
Sparks? dave12345 Woodworking 5 December 7th 06 01:41 PM
electricians gastec Home Repair 7 November 20th 05 06:38 PM
PHOTOS of my Franceformer and the sparks Dave Metalworking 1 October 20th 05 09:11 AM
MDF & Sparks Rumpty Woodworking 25 March 18th 05 04:07 AM