Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Explore

Explore and recognise the words meanings in the scriptures

http://www.qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp

Explore the greatest life of the most recognized man in
the history of humanity.

http://mohammad.islamway.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was only a
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000 years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Oops, that's a Salman Rushdie-esque fatwa for me then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was only a
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000 years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local temple?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Explore Spam

On Feb 11, 9:42 am, Andy Hall wrote:
On2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local temple?

I think there is no such place as an atheist's temple but a lot of
adherent (in fact they could be regarded as fanatics) are to be found
in prison.

However most would say they are the mere laymen as the serious
devotees never get as far as going to court.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:42:23 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

|!On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:
|!
|!
|! "Brian G" wrote in message
|! ...
|! ahmad wrote:
|!
|!
|!
|! Links snipped
|!
|!
|! Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!
|!
|!
|! I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was only a
|! wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000 years
|! later."
|!
|! Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.
|!
|!Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local temple?

A usenet sig saying that would be a good idea.
---
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org
For Yorkshire Dialect go to www.hyphenologist.co.uk/songs/
also PG Nos 2888, 3232, 17472, 17799
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was only
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000 years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local
temple?

....and why would an atheist have a temple? A temple to worship, erm,
nothing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was only
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000 years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local
temple?

...and why would an atheist have a temple? A temple to worship, erm,
nothing?

Ah, but you see, it's a religion in itself. A decision not to believe
in a god.
There are people of like mind, so therefore it is a religion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was
only
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000
years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local
temple?

...and why would an atheist have a temple? A temple to worship, erm,
nothing?

Ah, but you see, it's a religion in itself. A decision not to believe in
a god.
There are people of like mind, so therefore it is a religion.

Lol, nice try. You need to be able to worship someone or something for it to
constitute being a religion and as being atheist means not worshipping
anyone or anything I should imagine you're on to a loser there.

Definition of religion...

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as
creator and governor of the universe. A personal or institutionalized system
grounded in such belief and worship. The life or condition of a person in a
religious order. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the
teachings of a spiritual leader. A cause, principle, or activity pursued
with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Perhaps you're thinking of the term agnostic?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 12:30:27 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

Lol, nice try. You need to be able to worship someone or something for it to
constitute being a religion and as being atheist means not worshipping
anyone or anything I should imagine you're on to a loser there.

Definition of religion...

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as
creator and governor of the universe. A personal or institutionalized system
grounded in such belief and worship. The life or condition of a person in a
religious order. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the
teachings of a spiritual leader. A cause, principle, or activity pursued
with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Perhaps you're thinking of the term agnostic?

I was having some fun....

Atheism does seem to have at least some of the characteristics of this.

One definition is

Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of any deities. It is
commonly defined as the positive assertion that deities do not exist,
or as the deliberate rejection of theism

OTOH, at least agnosticism leaves possibilities open.

From the perspective of which is less likely to cause strife, I would
marginally suggest the second.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 12:30:27 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

[...]

From the perspective of which is less likely to cause strife, I would
marginally suggest the second.

Do you suspect that there's a church somewhere called The Unholy Church Of
The Nonbelievers? If there is I would imagine the collection box is a bit on
the empty side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was
only
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000
years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local
temple?

...and why would an atheist have a temple? A temple to worship, erm,
nothing?

Ah, but you see, it's a religion in itself. A decision not to believe
in a god.
There are people of like mind, so therefore it is a religion.

Not really, since A-theism by DEFINITION is not about a choice NOT to
believe in god, but more or less decision to constrict a world that
ignores the possibility, probability or otherwise, as *irrelevant*.

The religious amongst us would like to puzzle us with questions like
'when did you stop beating your wife' but the response of 'I don't have
a wife' seems not to satisfy them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My god is better then your god and you've insulted him so i'm going to kill
you... and they say football supporters are thick, ignorant and violent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 12:30:27 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

[...]

No good sitting astride the fence Andy - it gives one sore "nuts" whilst
trying to make up ones mind :-)

Brian G

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Feb, 13:09, "RedOnRed" wrote:

On 2007-02-11 12:30:27 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

[...]

From the perspective of which is less likely to cause strife, I would
marginally suggest the second.

Do you suspect that there's a church somewhere called The Unholy Church Of
The Nonbelievers? If there is I would imagine the collection box is a bit on
the empty side.

I'm sure of it. This leads to the ultimate purity of the religion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RedOnRed wrote:
My god is better then your god and you've insulted him so i'm going
to kill you... and they say football supporters are thick, ignorant
and violent.

Well done that man! My sentiments in a nutshell.

Brian G

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

[...]

Well of course it doesn't. The initial premise is incontrovertible.

Surely you wouldn't want to promote heresy?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Feb, 16:46, "RedOnRed" wrote:
My god is better then your god and you've insulted him so i'm going to kill
you... and they say football supporters are thick, ignorant and violent.

Yes but I'm not in Liverpool...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 12:30:27 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

[...]

I've always been a militant apathetic

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

[...]

Why not promote heresy - the world would a damn sight safer place to live in
if religion was abolished (it would certainly remove at a guess around 90%
of the causes of war and terrorism).

Brian G

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:
"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:
[...]

It would not remove the causes, it would simply mean some other lever
would be used to move thew cannon fodder down the well worn road to Hell..

It doesn't matter whether its Nationalism, Nazism, Communism,
Christianity, Zionism, or Islam, there are always surplus people who
feel ****ed on by the world, just waiting for someone to come. put a gun
in their hands, and tell them 'he did it: Get him' and then walk
quietly away and watch the carnage while they pull in the rewards of
being a 'charismatic leader'.

As far as suicide bombers go, think of it as evolution in action. They
are simply weeding out the more useless members of society, and
providing the rest with entertainment and something to get excited about.

Brian G

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:
"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:
[...]

What do you mean? The suicide bombers are killing the more useless members
of society?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , RedOnRed
writes
My god is better then your god and you've insulted him so i'm going to kill
you... and they say football supporters are thick, ignorant and violent.

The alternative school, of thought is "You are worshipping the god in
the wrong way, so I am going to kill you to save you from yourself."
This goes some way to explain Catholic v. Protestant, Shia v Sunni and
all the other stupid inter-sect squabbles over something that as far as
I can tell doesn't exist anyway.

I used to describe myself as a lapsed agnostic.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com, ahmad
writes

Explore and recognise the words meanings in the scriptures

http://www.qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp

Explore the greatest life of the most recognized man in
the history of humanity.

Che Guevara?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "ahmad"
saying something like:

Explore the greatest life of the most recognized man in
the history of humanity.

Benny Hill?
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "ahmad"
saying something like:

Explore the greatest life of the most recognized man in
the history of humanity.

Benny Hill?
--

Dave

Funnily enough, the office where i'm currently working has a Benjamin E.
Hill. It also has a Robbie Williams too.

There's another office I go to that has a Bilbo Baggins due to a guy there
changing his name by deed poll.