Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed RedOnRed is offline

Default Explore

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

On 2007-02-11 09:37:25 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

"Brian G" wrote in message
ahmad wrote:

Links snipped

Abolish all religion - it causes more trouble than its worth!

I'm sure there's some bloke looking down from heaven saying "it was
only
wind up, I didn't really expect them to be following the stuff 2000
years
later."

Save the world from slaughter and become an atheist.

Where does one sign up for that? Do you know the address of the local
temple?

...and why would an atheist have a temple? A temple to worship, erm,
nothing?

Ah, but you see, it's a religion in itself. A decision not to believe in
a god.
There are people of like mind, so therefore it is a religion.

Lol, nice try. You need to be able to worship someone or something for it to
constitute being a religion and as being atheist means not worshipping
anyone or anything I should imagine you're on to a loser there.

Definition of religion...

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as
creator and governor of the universe. A personal or institutionalized system
grounded in such belief and worship. The life or condition of a person in a
religious order. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the
teachings of a spiritual leader. A cause, principle, or activity pursued
with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Perhaps you're thinking of the term agnostic?