Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed RedOnRed is offline

Default Explore

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-02-11 12:30:27 +0000, "RedOnRed" said:

Lol, nice try. You need to be able to worship someone or something for it
constitute being a religion and as being atheist means not worshipping
anyone or anything I should imagine you're on to a loser there.

Definition of religion...

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as
creator and governor of the universe. A personal or institutionalized
system
grounded in such belief and worship. The life or condition of a person in
religious order. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the
teachings of a spiritual leader. A cause, principle, or activity pursued
with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Perhaps you're thinking of the term agnostic?

I was having some fun....

Atheism does seem to have at least some of the characteristics of this.

One definition is

Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of any deities. It is commonly
defined as the positive assertion that deities do not exist, or as the
deliberate rejection of theism

OTOH, at least agnosticism leaves possibilities open.

From the perspective of which is less likely to cause strife, I would
marginally suggest the second.

Do you suspect that there's a church somewhere called The Unholy Church Of
The Nonbelievers? If there is I would imagine the collection box is a bit on
the empty side.