Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DHW Very Aerated

You might be aware from my other posts that a few days ago I had an
Alpha Combi Boiler fitted .I have noticed that the DHW is very aerated
...when I fill a glass or a jar it looks almost fizzy and you cannot
see through it although it does clear quite quickly .Is this normal .?
It does lessen the more you open the tap .

Stuart .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stuart B writes:
You might be aware from my other posts that a few days ago I had an
Alpha Combi Boiler fitted .I have noticed that the DHW is very aerated
..when I fill a glass or a jar it looks almost fizzy and you cannot
see through it although it does clear quite quickly .Is this normal .?

It's not abnormal, but doesn't happen in all cases.

It does lessen the more you open the tap .

It's caused by the dissolved gasses coming out of solution
as a result of both heating the water, and the pressure drop
to atmospheric pressure.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Feb, 16:05, Stuart B wrote:
You might be aware from my other posts that a few days ago I had an
Alpha Combi Boiler fitted .I have noticed that the DHW is very aerated
..when I fill a glass or a jar it looks almost fizzy and you cannot
see through it although it does clear quite quickly .Is this normal .?
It does lessen the more you open the tap .

Stuart .

this type of heat exchange will cause the water to look white but it
is normal and nothing to worry about