Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fit internal stopcock

Hi

The house i live in was built over 100 years ago, it was converted
into two flats and mine is the upper flat.

The flat was renovated before i bought it and has new grey type piping
under the bath etc but old copper pipe everywhere else.

I have one problem, there isn't a stop cock in my property. The
stopcock is the flat downstairs.

This is obviously not suitable for cases of emergency etc.

If my neighbour switches off the water, how easy is it to fit a new
stop cock in my flat?

Can this be done as a diy job or will i require a plumber?

Thanks

Gillian

no stopcock in flat above ... [email protected] UK diy 7 June 20th 06 06:55 PM
Urgent help with broken stopcock Pete UK diy 8 March 18th 05 09:10 AM
'Packing' a stopcock? Richard Blackwood UK diy 7 December 11th 04 04:28 PM
Moving a stopcock Lamb UK diy 1 February 15th 04 07:40 PM
Stuck stopcock Steve Loft UK diy 17 January 13th 04 04:15 PM