Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Bob is offline

Default flushing central heating which additives?

I have aquired a heating system in a new house.

I wish to refill the system, so I am sure that an inhibitor is in place.

Should I use a cleaner to flush the system first? or just drain?

What is boiler silencer? is this worth additing along with the inhibitor (no
noise problems as yet)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30 Jan, 23:36, "Bob" wrote:
I have aquired a heating system in a new house.

I wish to refill the system, so I am sure that an inhibitor is in place.

Should I use a cleaner to flush the system first? or just drain?

What is boiler silencer? is this worth additing along with the inhibitor (no
noise problems as yet)

Be safe not sorry when inheriting a heating system, Flush with a
suitable cleaner, Rinse though with clean water, add inhibitor....
Depends if its a ali heat exchanger you can use a universal like
fernox or sentinel.
A word from the wise if you have not got them ....Thermostatic rad
valves...... fit them to your system before you flush properly as they
will save you money in the long run and having new valves makes it
easilly to flush the system aswell
pete