Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tiger Loop?

What might be a 'Tiger Loop' in relation to an oil fueled boiler and
its feeder pipes?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
What might be a 'Tiger Loop' in relation to an oil fueled boiler and its
feeder pipes?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

A tiger loop is a device which does away with the need for the return from
the to the oil tank. Clever little bit of kit.

--
Regards

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 25/01/2007, Stephen Dawson supposed :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
What might be a 'Tiger Loop' in relation to an oil fueled boiler and its
feeder pipes?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

A tiger loop is a device which does away with the need for the return from
the to the oil tank. Clever little bit of kit.

Any explanations of the device on the web?

Just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Cheers...

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
on 25/01/2007, Stephen Dawson supposed :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
What might be a 'Tiger Loop' in relation to an oil fueled boiler and its
feeder pipes?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

A tiger loop is a device which does away with the need for the return
from the to the oil tank. Clever little bit of kit.

Any explanations of the device on the web?

Just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Cheers...

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Try google loads of answers on there.

--
Regards

Steve Dawson

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A tiger loop is an fuel oil lifter. It uses the boiler burner pump to
circulate a flow and return in say 10mm copper pipework through the
tiger loop which in turn creates suction on the incoming supply from
the oil storage tank - this will enable the storage tank to be lower
than the boiler burner as opposed to a gravity feed which would be
better installed in 15mm pipework or larger to overcome the resistance
(pressure loss). In addition, fuel oil becomes less viscous in cold
weather conditions and in some cases is preheated...

http://www.plumbers-central-london.co.uk

On 25 Jan, 20:23, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
What might be a 'Tiger Loop' in relation to an oil fueled boiler and
its feeder pipes?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:55:52 GMT, Stephen Dawson wrote:

Try google loads of answers on there.

So he shouldn't have bothered coming here then? We may as well close
uk.d-i-y since "try google" can be used as an answer to every question.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:55:52 GMT, Stephen Dawson wrote:

Try google loads of answers on there.

So he shouldn't have bothered coming here then? We may as well close
uk.d-i-y since "try google" can be used as an answer to every question.

It's only polite to google first to help *ensure* places like this are
repositories of knowledge otherwise not available. The google will also pick
up stuff on here. In any case Mr Dawson answered the OP's original question
and only suggested googling when he wanted a picture as well! Seems
perfectly reasonable to me.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:18:06 -0000, Bob Mannix wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:55:52 GMT, Stephen Dawson wrote:

Try google loads of answers on there.

So he shouldn't have bothered coming here then? We may as well close
uk.d-i-y since "try google" can be used as an answer to every question.

It's only polite to google first to help *ensure* places like this are
repositories of knowledge otherwise not available. The google will also pick
up stuff on here. In any case Mr Dawson answered the OP's original question
and only suggested googling when he wanted a picture as well! Seems
perfectly reasonable to me.

The guy asked, reasonably, not for a picture but for a web reference and
got a smarty-arsey reply. I'll ask for dissolution of uk.d-i-y on the
grounds that it has now been replaced by the web shall I?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

errr no, I believe I said why uk.d-i-y was a good thing. To find web
references google is by far the best way. Nearly anyone who answers such a
question here *with* a web reference will have found it by googling - isn't
it better the original questioner should try that first? uk.d-i-y is for
the added value of the experience accumlated here and in the regular posters
and for the answers to simple questions "what is a...?" which Mr Dawson gave
quite politely (I thought).

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Steve,

I am so sorry that I did not provide a more concise description, but given
the question again, I thought i would look at google first, and there were
loads of sites,so with out knowing the specific request i suggested to try
google.

Don't flame me for my response it was polite and short, so crawl back under
your rock for the winter and please don't just come on board and wind people
up.

--
Steve Dawson

Tiger Maple?! toller Woodworking 24 June 5th 05 12:22 AM
Tiger Foam Buck Turgidson Home Repair 1 June 3rd 05 12:37 AM
How to Accent Figure in Tiger Maple jds Woodworking 11 May 14th 05 01:29 PM
How do I use the filling loop? Zara UK diy 5 October 2nd 04 07:45 PM
INSPIRATION - TIGER BOX T. Woodworking 0 October 21st 03 05:57 PM