Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cable sizes

Martin Pentreath wrote:

Here's a useful conversion table that I cut and pasted from somewhere
some time ago:

CSA (CPC) Strands Overall

[snip]

From here actually:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...e=source&hl=en

where it can be found without the original formatting messed up :-)

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Jan 2007 15:05:18 -0800, "Martin Pentreath"

|--------- ------- ----------
|1.0 (1.0) 1/1.13 4.5 x 8.2
|1.5 (1.0) 1/1.38 4.7 x 8.2
|2.5 (1.5) 1/1.78* 5.3 x 9.9
|4.0 (1.5) 7/0.85 6.1 x 11.4
|6.0 (2.5) 7/1.04 6.8 x 13.1
|10 (4.0) 7/1.35 8.4 x 16.8
|16 (6.0) 7/1.71 9.6 x 19.5
|* or 7/0.67

I suppose 7/029 and 3/036 (number of strands/diameter of 1/1000 ins) are
long forgotten except by really *old* engineers like me :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
I suppose 7/029 and 3/036 (number of strands/diameter of 1/1000 ins) are
long forgotten except by really *old* engineers like me :-(

Just remember their replacements are 2.5 and 1.5mm˛ ;-)

--
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Wade wrote:
Martin Pentreath wrote:

Here's a useful conversion table that I cut and pasted from somewhere
some time ago:

CSA (CPC) Strands Overall

[snip]

From here actually:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...e=source&hl=en

where it can be found without the original formatting messed up :-)

--
Andy

Ah yes, that looks much better.

As a tribute to its usefulness I'd cut and pasted it into my palm
computer where I keep important bits of DIY trivia for reference when
needed. Unfortunately the palm is not as good as Google when it comes
to retaining formatting, but it's easier to refer to when you're
rooting around in the cellar trying to work out what's what!

Cheers!

Martin

Cable sizes Jim Gregory UK diy 2 December 18th 05 12:44 AM
Cable sizes Andy Wade UK diy 0 December 18th 05 12:31 AM
Is it safe to assume RG6 cable strippers and cable connectors are going to be compatible? miamicuse Home Repair 3 November 20th 05 03:37 AM
Intermittent static when viewing cable, cable ready problem? [email protected] Electronics Repair 22 October 15th 05 11:04 PM
Intermittent static when viewing cable, cable ready problem? [email protected] Home Repair 24 October 15th 05 11:04 PM