Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heat traps?

What are these about then?
http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/.../mytopic=13100

Do they go on the hw tank? Should we be using them here?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Jan 2007 03:27:20 -0800 someone who may be
wrote this:-

What are these about then?
http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/.../mytopic=13100

Non-return valves.

Do they go on the hw tank? Should we be using them here?

The arrangement of connections to a UK hot water cylinder limit the
amount of gravity circulation of hot water.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 21, 11:27 am, wrote:
What are these about then?http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/...ting/index.cfm...

Do they go on the hw tank? Should we be using them here?

You might need them on some installations, e.g., serving secondary
heating zones.

One I had was a thermal store serving a HWS storage cylinder & with a
mid position valve. The mid-position valve was normally open to the HWS
with the power off; gravity circulation caused the HWS to overheat. It
wouldn't happen with a simple boiler, because there's little heat
stored.

I fitted a swing-check non-return valve to stop it.
No effect at all. With hindsight, should have been a spring check NRV.

Changed the 3-port Y plan to 2 off 2-port zones S-Plan valves, both
normally closed; problem solved.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 03:27:20 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

What are these about then?
http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/.../mytopic=13100

Something's borked - I get:

Bad Gateway!

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 502
www.eere.energy.gov
Sun Jan 21 14:06:22 2007
Apache

I need 50 mouse traps Ken Home Repair 18 January 2nd 07 04:27 PM
PCV vs. metal traps Eigenvector Home Repair 13 October 13th 06 03:26 AM
Lint Traps Timo Home Repair 1 January 5th 06 08:46 PM
Lint traps for washers? barry martin Home Repair 1 October 5th 04 03:33 PM
buried drum traps allen Home Repair 0 June 23rd 03 01:56 AM