Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BMW electric window problem

Hi All
'99 530d
My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she returns to the car,
she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open. The amount varies from
slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on earth could cause that to
happen?
Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess there must be a fuse that I can pull
to leave them shut.
Thanks for any comments.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumps wrote:
Hi All
'99 530d
My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she returns to the car,
she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open. The amount varies from
slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on earth could cause that to
happen?
Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess there must be a fuse that I can pull
to leave them shut.
Thanks for any comments.

If its similar to my jaguar, where the windows self close when you shut
the doors, its a problem of low battery voltage and needing rebooting.

In my case, a new battery was needed (I sold it first tho) and after
that. every time I recharged it, the windows need to be fully open and
HELD that way for 30 seconds, and then fully closed and HELD that way
for another 30 seconds.

This recalibrated the bloody things.

Incidentally teh low battery voltage would also result on other oddities
like 'ABS not working' and other warning lights..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grumps wrote:
Hi All '99 530d My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she
returns to the car, she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open.
The amount varies from slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on
earth could cause that to happen? Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess
there must be a fuse that I can pull to leave them shut. Thanks for any
comments.

Is the vehicle also unlocked? Holding down the remote button opens the
windows. Doing the same when unlocked closes them. I've managed to do this
by sitting on the key when close to the car.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumps wrote:
Hi All
'99 530d
My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she returns to the car,
she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open. The amount varies from
slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on earth could cause that to
happen?
Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess there must be a fuse that I can pull
to leave them shut.
Thanks for any comments.

sounds like a fellow I knows brand new discovery, it will ulock itself
open the windows and sunroof!!
Apparently it was to do with a leak, this caused untold problems with
the canbus technology used in them now, leak sealed and a hairdryer,
job done !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Grumps wrote:
Hi All '99 530d My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she
returns to the car, she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open.
The amount varies from slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on
earth could cause that to happen? Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess
there must be a fuse that I can pull to leave them shut. Thanks for any
comments.

Is the vehicle also unlocked? Holding down the remote button opens the
windows. Doing the same when unlocked closes them. I've managed to do this
by sitting on the key when close to the car.

Good question. I believe it remains locked. I will interrogate SWMBO later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Staffbull" wrote in message
oups.com...

Grumps wrote:
Hi All
'99 530d
My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she returns to the
car,
she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open. The amount varies from
slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on earth could cause that to
happen?
Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess there must be a fuse that I can
pull
to leave them shut.
Thanks for any comments.

sounds like a fellow I knows brand new discovery, it will ulock itself
open the windows and sunroof!!
Apparently it was to do with a leak, this caused untold problems with
the canbus technology used in them now, leak sealed and a hairdryer,
job done !!

Not sure if this car uses canbus. Would love to find a wiring diagram
though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumps wrote:

Hi All
'99 530d
My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she returns to the car,
she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open. The amount varies from
slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on earth could cause that to
happen?
Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess there must be a fuse that I can pull
to leave them shut.
Thanks for any comments.

Hi

On my 2004 320d, pressing and holding the remote key will open the
windows. The longer you hold the button, the further down the windows
go.

If you then don't open the drivers door after about two minutes, the
car automatically locks and reactivates the alarm but it does not put
the windows back up!

Is there any possibility that the keys are getting sat on, or that kids
are playing with them?

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Jan 2007 07:25:49 -0800, "stevelup" wrote:

Is there any possibility that the keys are getting sat on, or that kids
are playing with them?

its got to be the first thing to think of, if I leave keys in jeans
front pocket I sometimes have unlocked it by bending over. If its the
same as mine, continuous pressure will then lower the windows.
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Grumps wrote:
Hi All '99 530d My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she
returns to the car, she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open.
The amount varies from slightly, to half way. What can I say? What on
earth could cause that to happen? Until the fault is diagnosed, I guess
there must be a fuse that I can pull to leave them shut. Thanks for any
comments.

Is the vehicle also unlocked? Holding down the remote button opens the
windows. Doing the same when unlocked closes them. I've managed to do this
by sitting on the key when close to the car.

The number of times I have accidentally locked or unlocked the car just
bending over..I even managed to call someone on my mobile while it was
in my pocket accidentally..
I HATE those bloody fobs..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stevelup" wrote in
ups.com:

Grumps wrote:

[...]

My wife has a set of my car keys in her voluminous and tightly crammed
handbag.
When she hold her handbag to her body she often activates my central
locking :-(

E30 BMW shotguntony UK diy 3 February 12th 06 11:08 AM
electric outlet for window AC question ReadyToPuke Home Repair 33 June 14th 05 03:40 AM
OT - BMW RS100 [email protected] Metalworking 29 April 30th 05 11:59 AM
BMW car alarm Grumps UK diy 3 March 17th 05 07:08 AM
BMW 6 CD Disc changer Steve Electronics Repair 1 January 17th 05 03:14 PM