Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for information on how to 'backfill' a fireplace

Hello all,

I have a victorian cast iron fireplace that I need to backfill, but
can't for the life of me find any information on how to do this. Does
anyone know of any websites or books that could point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan Dan is offline

Hi,

Just done this myself with vermiculite/micafil.

See http://www.solidfuel.co.uk/pdfs/open..._fireplace.pdf for
more info.

Cheers
Dan

Greystoke wrote:
Hello all,

I have a victorian cast iron fireplace that I need to backfill, but
can't for the life of me find any information on how to do this. Does
anyone know of any websites or books that could point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Greystoke" wrote in
ps.com:

I have a victorian cast iron fireplace that I need to backfill,
but can't for the life of me find any information on how to do
this. Does anyone know of any websites or books that could point
me in the right direction?

Browse this and nearby pages:
http://www.victorianfires.co.uk/fitt...st_iron_insert
_with_cast_iron_mantel.html

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank you very much Richard - that is an excellent page !!

Richard Perkin wrote:
"Greystoke" wrote in
ps.com: