Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Overheat thermostat - Worcester Bosch 350

hello
Advice or insight sort. Our Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler has
developed an intermittent problem. After the hot water has been running
for a time, eg. after a shower, the overheat thermostat pops up and ths
system shuts down. Doesn't happen when the heating has been running for
a long time, only with the hot water. Doesn't happen everytime the hot
water is used. Any ideas what's wrong?

bella2002tii

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:36:55 -0800, bella2002tii wrote:

hello
Advice or insight sort. Our Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler has
developed an intermittent problem. After the hot water has been running
for a time, eg. after a shower, the overheat thermostat pops up and ths
system shuts down. Doesn't happen when the heating has been running for
a long time, only with the hot water. Doesn't happen everytime the hot
water is used. Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm not familiar with this model but my first guess is the heat exchanger
getting scaled up, if you're in a hard water area. Is the flow of hot
water not as good (but possibly hotter) than it used to be?