Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spacesaver Baths

Hi,

Does anyone know if ti si possible to get the steel equivalent of
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/0-16420? - or does the shape preclude it being
made in steel?

I am having trouble locating such a beast.

TIA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Piers James wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if ti si possible to get the steel equivalent of
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/0-16420? - or does the shape preclude it being
made in steel?

I am having trouble locating such a beast.

TIA.

Probably easiest to get an acrylic. Ive got a really nice one that
size..expensive, thick, but its a damn site better at 16509 or whatever
than the ditzy 1800 bathstore thing.

There are constraints on how deep you can press steel, and how much of a
flange you need to leave as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Probably easiest to get an acrylic. Ive got a really nice one that
size..expensive, thick, but its a damn site better

What counts as a decent thickness for acrylic? I can't see any "P"
shaped steel showerbaths, so looks like I'll be getting an acrylic one,
but don't want a twilly-willy one ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:36:09 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I can't see any "P" shaped steel showerbaths, so looks like I'll be
getting an acrylic one, but don't want a twilly-willy one ...

Just fitted a 1700 Ideal Standard Space bath, they also do a 1500. Pretty
solid, no creaks or groans. The base board doesn't go right to the plug
hole though and there is movement there when you stand around it.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Piers James wrote:
well the one I was looking at is "5mm cast acrylic sheet fully reinforced".
Do you class that as good/thick?

not bad. 10mm is what I call good.
3mm is crap.