Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bay window curtain pole with only 3 points touching wall ?

I want to put a curtain pole in our standard shaped bay window but only
want 3 connections to the wall, one in the middle and one at both ends,
that way I can pull the curtains fully open and maximise the amount of
light coming in.

The window is 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep and the curtains are 6 foot
long , probably average weight.

I was going to buy this as it's where I'm buying the curtains
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/product/T..._Metal/920.htm

The lady in the shop said it should be ok though the fact it comes with
5 support brackets worries me a little!

Will this be ok?
If not do you have any other options I could try. I don't want to spend
more than £50 , otherwise I'll use a plastic track.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...
I want to put a curtain pole in our standard shaped bay window but only
want 3 connections to the wall, one in the middle and one at both ends,
that way I can pull the curtains fully open and maximise the amount of
light coming in.

The window is 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep and the curtains are 6 foot
long , probably average weight.

I was going to buy this as it's where I'm buying the curtains
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/product/T..._Metal/920.htm

The lady in the shop said it should be ok though the fact it comes with
5 support brackets worries me a little!

Will this be ok?
If not do you have any other options I could try. I don't want to spend
more than £50 , otherwise I'll use a plastic track.

You need something like this.
http://www.tracksandpoles.com/bay_pole_kit.shtml

Never used them. I just 'Googled' and it was the first hit. I am sure I
have seen this type of thing in B&Q or similar.

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I want to put a curtain pole in our standard shaped bay window but only
want 3 connections to the wall, one in the middle and one at both ends,
that way I can pull the curtains fully open and maximise the amount of
light coming in.

The window is 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep and the curtains are 6 foot
long , probably average weight.

I was going to buy this as it's where I'm buying the curtains
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/product/T..._Metal/920.htm

The lady in the shop said it should be ok though the fact it comes with
5 support brackets worries me a little!

Will this be ok?

Surely 3 supports should be enough for any curtains,
unless they are made of lead.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie