Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calling all heating engineers (help)

I have got an old Servowarm boiler (elite 50) and the pump went on it.

I have replaced the pump and have noticed that a bi-metallic strip was
broken in the timeclock( beleived to be old horstmann emerald)

I have got an electrician to install a new Drayton LP241 programmer
along with a seperate timer for the pump overrun.

All works fine except that from the boiler control drayton show 3 wires
coming from the control to the programmer (Live Neutral and earth) but
mine has 4 wires from the control (Live Neutral Earth and a Red wire)

My electrician has wired the Blue to Blue on Programmer terminal, Earth
to the earth and the red to position 4 on the terminal block but the
live is not connected.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct and if not which wires go where?

I have no room stat or auto valve for hot water.

Each radiator has a stat and the CH/Hot water valve is manual.

Thanks

--
Nigel Hewer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nigel Hewer wrote:

[...]

If the boiler provides pump over-run, it needs a permanent live in addition
to the switched live. The boiler only fires when the switched live is on,
but uses the permanent live to power the pump during the over-run period
when switched live is off.

If you are controlling pump over-run with a separate timer rather than
letting the boiler do it, the boiler won't need a permanent live - but your
over-run timer *will*.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 20:11:33 +0000, Nigel Hewer
wrote:

I have got an old Servowarm boiler (elite 50) and the pump went on it.

I have replaced the pump and have noticed that a bi-metallic strip was
broken in the timeclock( beleived to be old horstmann emerald)

I have got an electrician to install a new Drayton LP241 programmer
along with a seperate timer for the pump overrun.

All works fine except that from the boiler control drayton show 3 wires
coming from the control to the programmer (Live Neutral and earth) but
mine has 4 wires from the control (Live Neutral Earth and a Red wire)

My electrician has wired the Blue to Blue on Programmer terminal, Earth
to the earth and the red to position 4 on the terminal block but the
live is not connected.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct and if not which wires go where?

Shouldnt the electrician know whats right or wrong??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I admire your faith! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Resources for Engineers Doug Goncz Metalworking 0 April 23rd 06 10:50 AM
Okay all you mechanical engineers ... DIYGUY Woodworking 12 October 14th 05 09:20 PM
Doomed Engineers Gunner Metalworking 0 July 16th 04 05:18 AM
Any Engineers Here? I have a quiz for you. Larry Jaques Metalworking 6 February 17th 04 05:47 PM
Understanding Engineers GeoffH Metalworking 14 October 9th 03 02:18 PM