Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Epson C1000 laser printer

I don't suppose anyone has a dead one or knows of the whereabouts of one
?

My ears didn't deceive me when I heard the graunching sound - yes it
was a cog throwing a tooth

It's in the unit that the fuser oil roll fits into

- so knacked for the price of a cog worth 10p

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

I don't suppose anyone has a dead one or knows of the whereabouts of one ?

My ears didn't deceive me when I heard the graunching sound - yes it was
a cog throwing a tooth

It's in the unit that the fuser oil roll fits into

- so knacked for the price of a cog worth 10p

--
geoff

I have a dead one in my front porch. Shame you were such an obnoxius person
the other day, because I would have gladly sent you the bit.

--

Steve

Today's motto ' Don't **** on people on the way up, cause it is not nice to
land in on the way down'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen Dawson
writes

"raden" wrote in message

I don't suppose anyone has a dead one or knows of the whereabouts of one ?

My ears didn't deceive me when I heard the graunching sound - yes it was
a cog throwing a tooth

It's in the unit that the fuser oil roll fits into

- so knacked for the price of a cog worth 10p

--
geoff

I have a dead one in my front porch. Shame you were such an obnoxius person
the other day, because I would have gladly sent you the bit.

Such is life ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Dawson" wrote in message

"raden" wrote in message

I don't suppose anyone has a dead one or knows of the whereabouts of one
?

My ears didn't deceive me when I heard the graunching sound - yes it was
a cog throwing a tooth

It's in the unit that the fuser oil roll fits into

- so knacked for the price of a cog worth 10p

--
geoff

I have a dead one in my front porch. Shame you were such an obnoxius
person the other day, because I would have gladly sent you the bit.

Well, I really thought Epson made better printers. I too have a dead C1000
sitting in my shed, just about to go to the dump. And this also shed some
teeth. Don't know exactly the name of the component though.
If you still have your dead C1000, any chance someone who didn't **** on
your head could pick over it? Where are you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 5, 1:13 am, Owain wrote:
3. "When you're warm and comfortable in a pile of ****, keep your mouth

Or, stay away from the computer when you're **** faced at 2am in the
morning.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen Dawson
writes

"raden" wrote in message

I don't suppose anyone has a dead one or knows of the whereabouts of one ?

My ears didn't deceive me when I heard the graunching sound - yes it was
a cog throwing a tooth

It's in the unit that the fuser oil roll fits into

- so knacked for the price of a cog worth 10p

--
geoff

I have a dead one in my front porch.

Do you have a photo ?

ISTR I was reacting to your being a pretentious ****

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Grumps wrote:
Well, I really thought Epson made better printers.

On what basis?
That they sell a lot of printers? That they get a lot of
advertising space? That they're as cheap as crap?

Epson have, and do still, make some very good printers. But they
also turn out a lot of crap that's engineered down to a price, and
designed to cost you 10 times as much in consumables as you paid for
the printer. Distinguishing which is which isn't particularly easy, but
a good starting point is the price tag. Crap is cheap.
At work, we run a number of 10 year old Epson inkjets that have
had tens of thousands of feet of continuous-feed roll and fan-fold
paper of use, and have gone through thousands of pounds worth of
cartridges each. All in dusty, salty, electrically harsh environments.
And we intend to keep on using them until the last one is dead, then
we'll mourn. You see, they have a bug in the firmware that allows you
to print arbitrarily long rolls of printout without any page skipping
(if you speak to them in ESC/P2).
£700 Epson printers whose most important characteristic is a
bug. Sums it up quite well really.

Penny cogs failing and trashing the entire machine sums the
commodity printer market up pretty well too.

What to do about it - buy a couple of second hand broken ones
off eBay, pay for the postage, and odds-on, one will have the cog you
need. But watch out for the postage costs.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

At work, we run a number of 10 year old Epson inkjets that have
had tens of thousands of feet of continuous-feed roll and fan-fold
paper of use, and have gone through thousands of pounds worth of
cartridges each. All in dusty, salty, electrically harsh environments.
And we intend to keep on using them until the last one is dead, then
we'll mourn. You see, they have a bug in the firmware that allows you
to print arbitrarily long rolls of printout without any page skipping
(if you speak to them in ESC/P2).

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland

Hmm,

Can I ask what you are doing with the printers?

Your environment sounds very much like ours.
(Metal cabins bobbing around the North Sea,
or trucks bumping around deserts etc )

As does the printer useage.
( long prints wthout page breaks,
wireline well logs actually )

And being based in Aberdeen too...

Our cabins are painted orange, and since I don't recognise your name,
perhaps yours are painted blue?

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Ron Lowe wrote:
Our cabins are painted orange, and since I don't recognise your name,
perhaps yours are painted blue?

Orange? Halliborange? HallibWAOrange?
I started with Spermy-Bum, but now work for the Halliburton
Retirement Home. We don't normally send out computerised Portacabins
any more - no money in that market - but send out a couple of flight
cases to set up in the accommodation with a microscope and a laptop. On
the rare occasions that we do send out a Portacabin laden with gas
analysis equipment, it's got a Labtech or Vertech number written on the
roof and we don't care about the colour. Make it hard to find when we
get on board G.
Scumburgers are not the only fruit.

We do mudlogging-lite and wellsite geology, hence the need to
produce log on site. Some people churn a lot more paper than others (I
tend to get things right on screen, but other people want to do their
layout and checking with red pen and a print out). But the same
printers then come back into the office and go into the printer farm
for churning out logs both from wells that we've done and from our
drafting bureau work too. Lots of footage.
That bug in the Epson 1520 must have cost HP hundreds of
thousands in lost business over the years. I still wonder if it was
accidental.
What were those horribly expensive printers that you and
LesFreres Scumburger used before the Printrexes came out? We used to
maintain one of those for one of our client's requirements, and I
always had to go and lay down in a dark room after ordering another
couple of rolls for the damn thing. They knew how to soak a customer,
didn't they?

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

I don't suppose anyone has a dead one or knows of the whereabouts of one
?

My ears didn't deceive me when I heard the graunching sound - yes it
was a cog throwing a tooth

It's in the unit that the fuser oil roll fits into

- so knacked for the price of a cog worth 10p

--
geoff

I have a dead one in my front porch. Shame you were such an obnoxius
person the other day, because I would have gladly sent you the bit.

Well, I really thought Epson made better printers. I too have a dead C1000
sitting in my shed, just about to go to the dump. And this also shed some
teeth. Don't know exactly the name of the component though.
If you still have your dead C1000, any chance someone who didn't **** on
your head could pick over it? Where are you?

Sorry Grumps,

It has beeen skipped

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen Dawson
writes

I have a dead one in my front porch. Shame you were such an obnoxius
person the other day, because I would have gladly sent you the bit.

Well, I really thought Epson made better printers. I too have a dead C1000
sitting in my shed, just about to go to the dump. And this also shed some
teeth. Don't know exactly the name of the component though.
If you still have your dead C1000, any chance someone who didn't **** on
your head could pick over it? Where are you?

Sorry Grumps,

It has beeen skipped

That's another way of saying he didn't really have one in the first
place

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember raden saying
something like:

It has beeen skipped

That's another way of saying he didn't really have one in the first
place

My thought exactly. I had the same from an eejit on a freecycle board.
****ing *******.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember raden saying
something like:

It has beeen skipped

That's another way of saying he didn't really have one in the first
place

My thought exactly. I had the same from an eejit on a freecycle board.
****ing *******.

The fact that he hasn't replied says it all, doesn't it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , raden
writes
In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember raden saying
something like:

It has beeen skipped

That's another way of saying he didn't really have one in the first
place

My thought exactly. I had the same from an eejit on a freecycle board.

The fact that he hasn't replied says it all, doesn't it

HA !

new customer today - he's a printer repair engineer, he reckons he can
prolly get me the bits as long as I don't need them urgently

result !!!

--
geoff