Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Karley Aidan Karley is offline

Default Epson C1000 laser printer

In article , Ron Lowe wrote:
Our cabins are painted orange, and since I don't recognise your name,
perhaps yours are painted blue?

Orange? Halliborange? HallibWAOrange?
I started with Spermy-Bum, but now work for the Halliburton
Retirement Home. We don't normally send out computerised Portacabins
any more - no money in that market - but send out a couple of flight
cases to set up in the accommodation with a microscope and a laptop. On
the rare occasions that we do send out a Portacabin laden with gas
analysis equipment, it's got a Labtech or Vertech number written on the
roof and we don't care about the colour. Make it hard to find when we
get on board G.
Scumburgers are not the only fruit.

We do mudlogging-lite and wellsite geology, hence the need to
produce log on site. Some people churn a lot more paper than others (I
tend to get things right on screen, but other people want to do their
layout and checking with red pen and a print out). But the same
printers then come back into the office and go into the printer farm
for churning out logs both from wells that we've done and from our
drafting bureau work too. Lots of footage.
That bug in the Epson 1520 must have cost HP hundreds of
thousands in lost business over the years. I still wonder if it was
accidental.
What were those horribly expensive printers that you and
LesFreres Scumburger used before the Printrexes came out? We used to
maintain one of those for one of our client's requirements, and I
always had to go and lay down in a dark room after ordering another
couple of rolls for the damn thing. They knew how to soak a customer,
didn't they?

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland