Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat Scarer O.T.

On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

John McLean wrote:
On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

air pistol with green laser sights ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"." wrote in message
John McLean wrote:
On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have
searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

air pistol with green laser sights ?

What about a Tazer? Only $399.00 he
http://www.securityprousa.com/stunguns1.html

Seriously though...you can get these from Maplin: http://tinyurl.com/y9k3gn

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Ron is offline

"John McLean" wrote in message
On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

Ultrasonic doesn't work, especially if the cat has a hearing problem. A
high pressure hose or a sprinkler will teach the cat not to get too close.
I used slug pellets with a pet repellent very effectively. If they didn't
shift then a shotgun did the trick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John McLean" wrote in news:Sq-
:

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

When I see a cat that can fly as well as a magpie, and kill all the chicks
in the nest, I'll believe it

mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:06:09 UTC, "John McLean"
wrote:

On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

I use a water pistol...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John McLean wrote:
The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

If you're really concerned about birdlife you need a man eliminator...

--
*Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:01:09 -0000, "Vortex"
wrote:

"." wrote in message
John McLean wrote:
On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have
searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

air pistol with green laser sights ?

What about a Tazer? Only $399.00 he
http://www.securityprousa.com/stunguns1.html

Seriously though...you can get these from Maplin: http://tinyurl.com/y9k3gn

David

Which is in fact a dog-scarer - not a cat-scarer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

Which is in fact a dog-scarer - not a cat-scarer

Shout 'Bath!' at it. Scares mine.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John McLean" wrote in message
On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

If you want to stop the local cats decimating the bird life then how about
hanging bags of catnip on string around the garden. Most of them will end up
so stoned they won't bother with the birds. They will still **** in your
flower beds though, I expect :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vortex" wrote:
Seriously though...you can get these from Maplin:
http://tinyurl.com/y9k3gn

The FAQs are interesting. Can't people read?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Handy" wrote in message
"Vortex" wrote:
Seriously though...you can get these from Maplin:
http://tinyurl.com/y9k3gn

The FAQs are interesting. Can't people read?

It works through walls???
--

Graham
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John McLean wrote:
On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which
looked like a small torch.
You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by
pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched
for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units
available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly
blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier which seems to scare the bejesus
out of the local cats quite niceley :-) he's only managed to catch one
in his seven years though, no chance of any more as he's getting on

cat 5 cat 3 electric for desktop dwolf Woodworking 1 September 20th 06 01:52 AM
Mouse scarer Dave UK diy 15 August 23rd 06 02:57 AM
pigeon scarer tim \(back at home\) UK diy 65 April 24th 06 07:12 PM
CAT 5e :::Jerry:::: UK diy 4 April 30th 05 09:11 PM
Cat 5 / Cat 6 across lawn in soil ? nick smith UK diy 37 October 29th 04 05:37 PM