Posted to uk.d-i-y
51 51 is offline

Default Rainwater pipework

Hi all.
I have to fix a gutter soon and I might as well replace all of the
rainwater
pipework at the back of the house at the same time.

Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever
size)
waste pipes from the bathroom?

Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

51 wrote:
Hi all.
I have to fix a gutter soon and I might as well replace all of the
rainwater
pipework at the back of the house at the same time.

Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever
size)
waste pipes from the bathroom?

Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed?

Thanks.

Arthur

..
Question.
Do you still hang domestic plumbing (not roof gutter drains) on the
'outside' of some homes in the UK?
As a child in the UK, circa the 1940s and 50s I seem to recall frozen
pipes occasionally on the outside of of our rented house in Liverpool.
Curiuos!
Terry in eastern Canada.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
51 51 is offline

"terry" wrote in message
ups.com...

.
Question.
Do you still hang domestic plumbing (not roof gutter drains) on the
'outside' of some homes in the UK?
As a child in the UK, circa the 1940s and 50s I seem to recall frozen
pipes occasionally on the outside of of our rented house in Liverpool.
Curiuos!
Terry in eastern Canada.

Yep!
What part of Liverpool?
I'm in Old Swan.
Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

51 wrote:
Hi all.
I have to fix a gutter soon and I might as well replace all of the
rainwater
pipework at the back of the house at the same time.

Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever
size)
waste pipes from the bathroom?

Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed?

Thanks.

Arthur

You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
Merryterry wrote:
You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

No difference in my house.

--
*All generalizations are false.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Merryterry" wrote in message
ups.com...
51 wrote:
Hi all.
I have to fix a gutter soon and I might as well replace all of the
rainwater
pipework at the back of the house at the same time.

Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever
size)
waste pipes from the bathroom?

Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed?

Thanks.

Arthur

You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

'tall depends ....
The houses and bungalows surrounding me - all built mid thirties - have foul
water (soil pipes) and gulley (gathering kitchen, bath, handbasin and
rainwater drainage) combining into one sewer pipe in inspection pits.
There's only one pipe emerging , underground, from each property.

Your water company may vary.

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Sharrock wrote:

Arthur

You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

'tall depends ....
The houses and bungalows surrounding me - all built mid thirties - have foul
water (soil pipes) and gulley (gathering kitchen, bath, handbasin and
rainwater drainage) combining into one sewer pipe in inspection pits.
There's only one pipe emerging , underground, from each property.

Your water company may vary.

--

Brian

Oops sorry! I forgot that there were still some combined Foul/Rainwater
systems out there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:27:21 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

|"Merryterry" wrote in message
oups.com...
| 51 wrote:
| Hi all.
| I have to fix a gutter soon and I might as well replace all of the
| rainwater
| pipework at the back of the house at the same time.
|
| Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever
| size)
| waste pipes from the bathroom?
|
| Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Arthur
|
| You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
| Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
| be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

|'tall depends ....
|The houses and bungalows surrounding me - all built mid thirties - have foul
|water (soil pipes) and gulley (gathering kitchen, bath, handbasin and
|rainwater drainage) combining into one sewer pipe in inspection pits.
|There's only one pipe emerging , underground, from each property.

Our house 1950s has had rainwater and bath water going into a single foul
water drain since they were built.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
"Merryterry" writes:

You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

It depends on the area. In urban areas, there's often only a
single system to take both surface and foul water and no space
for any soakaways. Even in areas where they are separated, you
can ask permission to put surface water into the sewer -- a
friend was recently granted just such permission, but you do
have to ask, and evidence of the permission being granted needs
to be lodged with the LA planning department.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
Merryterry writes

Brian Sharrock wrote:

Arthur

You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe.
Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will
be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

'tall depends ....
The houses and bungalows surrounding me - all built mid thirties - have foul
water (soil pipes) and gulley (gathering kitchen, bath, handbasin and
rainwater drainage) combining into one sewer pipe in inspection pits.
There's only one pipe emerging , underground, from each property.

Your water company may vary.

--

Brian

Oops sorry! I forgot that there were still some combined Foul/Rainwater
systems out there.

I trust you'll do the honourable thing

here ... take this sword

--