Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FLAT ROOFS AGAIN SORRY

Hi,

My garage flat roof (slight fall) is leaking. After reading numerous
posts I am more confused than ever as to what would be the best option.
I have had quotes from £240(burning new felt onto what is there
already) to £550 plus vat(stripping old stuff down to boards then
replacing with 3 layer felt). Roof is approx. 15m sq. I have also
read about EPDM, Glass fibre etc. I believe you can also get some
bitumous paint that is 100% waterproof? Would cost about £130 for
that and I could do it myself.

Could anyone who has had any work done on their flat roofs point me in
the right direction and maybe give their opinion on work they have had
done with costs etc. Anyone used this bitumous paint.

All views would be appreciated. I live in the North East of Scotland.

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My garage flat roof (slight fall) is leaking. After reading numerous
posts I am more confused than ever as to what would be the best option.
I have had quotes from £240(burning new felt onto what is there
already) to £550 plus vat(stripping old stuff down to boards then
replacing with 3 layer felt). Roof is approx. 15m sq. I have also
read about EPDM, Glass fibre etc. I believe you can also get some
bitumous paint that is 100% waterproof? Would cost about £130 for
that and I could do it myself.

Could anyone who has had any work done on their flat roofs point me in
the right direction and maybe give their opinion on work they have had
done with costs etc. Anyone used this bitumous paint.

All views would be appreciated. I live in the North East of Scotland.

It may be worth giving these people http://www.planwell.co.uk/ a
phone to see if metal profile sheeting would fit the bill - could possibly
be cheaper in the long run as well.

Insulation under flat roofs JFM Home Repair 7 October 29th 06 01:41 AM
Paneling or drywall ceiling under flat roofs? JFM Home Repair 4 October 26th 06 09:37 PM
Roofs Kurt Ullman Home Repair 17 July 22nd 06 01:49 AM
multiple roofs MarkK Home Repair 7 November 4th 05 11:32 AM
Metal Roofs Tim Wescott Metalworking 33 December 17th 04 07:49 PM