Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potterton Profile 80E boiler will not light.

Hi all,
today I attempted to complete my annual central heating system
clean before winter sets in. The cleaning agent circulated for the last
few before being drained today. My problem is that since I refilled the
system the boiler will not light. My first thought was that I have an
airlock in the boiler which is preventing a flow. So using a couple of
new fittings and a length of 15 mm plastic pipe I had in the garage, I
backflushed the system from the the outside drain point via my garden
tap. I let it run through the overflow from the header tank for a few
minutes before stopping.
Still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?
Al

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:58:49 -0800, meec wrote:

Hi all,
today I attempted to complete my annual central heating system
clean before winter sets in. The cleaning agent circulated for the last
few before being drained today. My problem is that since I refilled the
system the boiler will not light. My first thought was that I have an
airlock in the boiler which is preventing a flow. So using a couple of
new fittings and a length of 15 mm plastic pipe I had in the garage, I
backflushed the system from the the outside drain point via my garden
tap. I let it run through the overflow from the header tank for a few
minutes before stopping.
Still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?
Al

Does the boiler appear completely dead? If so the Overheat cut out has
probably operated. Reset by pushing it up (it's found underneath the
boiler at the front RHS).

This probably tripped because there was no primary flow due to an air lock
in the pump or something on those lines.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
wrote:
today I attempted to complete my annual central heating system
clean before winter sets in. The cleaning agent circulated for the last
few before being drained today.

Could I ask why you do an annual clean? Changing the inhibitor every few
years coinciding with new TRVs etc yes, but cleaning? Nothing should be in
there to contaminate things. And in a hard water area all you're doing is
introducing more crud.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does the boiler appear completely dead? If so the Overheat cut out has
probably operated. Reset by pushing it up (it's found underneath the
boiler at the front RHS).

This probably tripped because there was no primary flow due to an air lock
in the pump or something on those lines.

Ed, yep that is what it was. All is now well after resetting the
overheat. Thanks very much.

Al