Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch Powerchange Drill Holder .

I bought one of these to use with a holesaw. It looks like a handy arrangement
as you slide the collar back to remove the saw and again to remove the pilot
drill .
http://tinyurl.com/y8yd98

Are drills readily available to use with this adaptor . The packaging seems to
suggest it is for use with holesaws only but I cannot see why drills shouldn't
be used with it .

The fitting takes a 6.35mm hexagonal shank .

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart wrote:
I bought one of these to use with a holesaw. It looks like a handy arrangement
as you slide the collar back to remove the saw and again to remove the pilot
drill .
http://tinyurl.com/y8yd98

Are drills readily available to use with this adaptor . The packaging seems to
suggest it is for use with holesaws only but I cannot see why drills shouldn't
be used with it .

The fitting takes a 6.35mm hexagonal shank .

It looks to me like it will only take hex shank drills, which are not
very common.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Nov 2006 18:00:13 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

Stuart wrote:
I bought one of these to use with a holesaw. It looks like a handy arrangement
as you slide the collar back to remove the saw and again to remove the pilot
drill .
http://tinyurl.com/y8yd98

Are drills readily available to use with this adaptor . The packaging seems to
suggest it is for use with holesaws only but I cannot see why drills shouldn't
be used with it .

The fitting takes a 6.35mm hexagonal shank .

It looks to me like it will only take hex shank drills, which are not
very common.

Yes.It does only ,afaik,take hex drills but I see Bosch make these ones .

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product...7&r=2123&g=115