Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Performance Power 1050W SDS drill recall

Recall due to problem with the clutch on the above drill, which can
apparently cause serious injury.

See - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.howard99/recall.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Nov 2006 14:00:38 -0800, xscope wrote:

Recall due to problem with the clutch on the above drill, which can
apparently cause serious injury.

See - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.howard99/recall.jpg

A common problem with the cheapies. I tried a number of NuTool SDS drills
and on all of them the clutch exploded spitting springs and ball bearings
all over the place.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

xscope wrote:
Recall due to problem with the clutch on the above drill, which can
apparently cause serious injury.

See - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.howard99/recall.jpg

I went to B&Q a few days back and saw that machine along with a
shedload of other drills all hanging on a display rack mounted in
sockets via a plug held in the chuck.

What sort of strain would that have been putting on an heavy weight
machine like that I wondered. And so it turns out that the worry was
groundless, the tool was already duff.

Apparently there is a delivery of such high grade goods filling the
world's biggest ship on its way here with more of those jollies. If it
isn't already here.

Fortunately we are protected by free trade agreements and a sock puppet
to go baaa at them. So why are we only allowing Lithuanians and Poles
in to work for us? I still have to get up in the morning to go to work
when I can find some.

Why don't we let the Chinese in too? Then I can stay in bed and we
won't have all that pollution it takes to power such a large ship.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

xscope wrote:
Recall due to problem with the clutch on the above drill, which can
apparently cause serious injury.

See - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.howard99/recall.jpg

I went to B&Q a few days back and saw that machine along with a
shedload of other drills all hanging on a display rack mounted in
sockets via a plug held in the chuck.

What sort of strain would that have been putting on an heavy weight
machine like that I wondered. And so it turns out that the worry was
groundless, the tool was already duff.

I'd hope zero - consider having to pull up to free a 22mm bit deep in
some work you're drilling down to.