Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Black Ash Contiboard

Has anyone bought or seen any of this for sale recently? My local
DIY shop can no longer obtain it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dcbwhaley" wrote:
Has anyone bought or seen any of this for sale recently? My local
DIY shop can no longer obtain it.

I haven't seen it recently but it is still available:
http://tinyurl.com/v5eq4

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Codswallop" contains these words:

I haven't seen it recently but it is still available:
http://tinyurl.com/v5eq4

Talking of contiboard - I've been looking for real oak veneered that
they used to sell. A neighbour wants to adapt something he made from it
some years ago and now can't get anything to match.

I've googled without success - anyone any ideas?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "Codswallop" contains these words:

I haven't seen it recently but it is still available:
http://tinyurl.com/v5eq4

Talking of contiboard - I've been looking for real oak veneered that
they used to sell. A neighbour wants to adapt something he made from it
some years ago and now can't get anything to match.

I've googled without success - anyone any ideas?

You can still get "real wood veneer" but I think it's sapele. Don't
remember an oak contiboard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
You can still get "real wood veneer" but I think it's sapele. Don't
remember an oak contiboard.

Many years ago there was a brand called IIRC Easyboard which was chipboard
with a variety of real wood veneers. Something like it is probably still
available to industry.

--
*Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "Codswallop" contains these words:

I haven't seen it recently but it is still available:
http://tinyurl.com/v5eq4

Talking of contiboard - I've been looking for real oak veneered that
they used to sell. A neighbour wants to adapt something he made from it
some years ago and now can't get anything to match.

I've googled without success - anyone any ideas?

I can certainly get oak veneered MDF at my local BM's
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I can certainly get oak veneered MDF at my local BM's

Oooh, that's a thought. Whereabouts?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dcbwhaley wrote:
Has anyone bought or seen any of this for sale recently? My local
DIY shop can no longer obtain it.

I failed to find any about 18 months ago - it seems that that finish has
gone out of fashion.

Malcolm

Best way to remove rust from black oxide? DeepDiver Metalworking 23 October 6th 17 06:18 AM
Making black granite black Apropos Home Repair 2 March 17th 06 10:02 PM
Hobby Black -- Blacken-It Norm Dresner Metalworking 9 February 6th 06 04:10 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Walnut and Black Walnut Lumber? Leon Woodworking 43 November 26th 04 11:07 PM