Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar heating problem, opinions sought

When you get to a certain age, sometimes you shouldn't be let near an
implement with which you can sign a piece of paper

My father seems to be one such person

he's just signed for a solar heating system from

http://www.smartenergyuk.com/

now, it includes a new shower (apparently) but ...

SEVEN THOUSAND POUNDS !!!

People who rip off pensioners (whether it's my parents or not) really
**** me off

apart from the "might be reduced council tax", "might be eligible for a
grant" (I don't see them on the DTI's list of approved companies who are
eligible for a grant (which is up to £400 BTW)

http://www.lowcarbonbuildings.org.uk.../installerfind

is there any one willing to have a look at their (smart energy's) site
and give me some ammunition with which to have a go at them

--
geoff

underfloor heating undertile haeting Nordmi Home Repair 1 October 27th 06 10:03 PM
Solar Graham Harrison UK diy 115 December 11th 05 11:44 PM
Problem with hot water / central heating [email protected] UK diy 6 June 10th 05 10:45 AM
Airlock or central heating pump problem? Darren1971 UK diy 4 February 5th 05 06:24 PM
Solar water heating - heater tank questions larry moe 'n curly Home Repair 5 January 30th 05 04:16 AM