Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrolux Oven

In the middle of cooking the Sunday dinner the house tripped off (Earth
leakage - not overload). After several re-sets I concluded it was the top
oven (- Electrolux EDB701 - double built under). The grill elements were not
causing the problem so I concluded it must be the element in the bottom of
the oven.

I tried to heat up the bottom oven (fan assisted) and it wouldn't operate
(but didn't trip)

Later - I tried the bottom oven and it was fine.

After we have cleared up and washed the pots - or maybe tomorrow I will try
the top oven again. In the meantime - any clues?

I'm not sure of the form of the bottom element - the base of the oven cavity
heats up.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"John" writes:
In the middle of cooking the Sunday dinner the house tripped off (Earth
leakage - not overload). After several re-sets I concluded it was the top
oven (- Electrolux EDB701 - double built under). The grill elements were not
causing the problem so I concluded it must be the element in the bottom of
the oven.

I tried to heat up the bottom oven (fan assisted) and it wouldn't operate
(but didn't trip)

Later - I tried the bottom oven and it was fine.

After we have cleared up and washed the pots - or maybe tomorrow I will try
the top oven again. In the meantime - any clues?

Probably one of the elements is disintegrating, but it could be
faulty wiring in the oven.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ten Ten is offline

"John" wrote in message
In the middle of cooking the Sunday dinner the house tripped off (Earth
leakage - not overload). After several re-sets I concluded it was the top
oven (- Electrolux EDB701 - double built under). The grill elements were
not causing the problem so I concluded it must be the element in the
bottom of the oven.

I tried to heat up the bottom oven (fan assisted) and it wouldn't operate
(but didn't trip)

Later - I tried the bottom oven and it was fine.

After we have cleared up and washed the pots - or maybe tomorrow I will
try the top oven again. In the meantime - any clues?

I'm not sure of the form of the bottom element - the base of the oven
cavity heats up.

Had a similar thing happen with our New-world (Wickes) cooker a few weeks
ago. No RCD on our cooker circuit but the overload (MCB) tripped out. No
bottom element (although there looks like one going on the element shape
pressed into the metal base of oven) on our single fan oven but a circular
2KW element that sits around the fan unit at the back of the oven. Grill
carried on working okay. Removed oven and a multimeter on the oven element
showed an open circuit. Tracked down a new element from a local shop and
back working again.

HTH

Trevor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ten" none wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
In the middle of cooking the Sunday dinner the house tripped off (Earth
leakage - not overload). After several re-sets I concluded it was the top
oven (- Electrolux EDB701 - double built under). The grill elements were
not causing the problem so I concluded it must be the element in the
bottom of the oven.

I tried to heat up the bottom oven (fan assisted) and it wouldn't operate
(but didn't trip)

Later - I tried the bottom oven and it was fine.

After we have cleared up and washed the pots - or maybe tomorrow I will
try the top oven again. In the meantime - any clues?

I'm not sure of the form of the bottom element - the base of the oven
cavity heats up.

Update:

Tried the oven this morning - and tonight and it didn't trip. Could it be
due to steam coming from the chicken?

Pulled the oven out to see what sort of job it would be to replace the
bottom element in the top oven. Couldn't see what was holding it in -
perhaps I need to remove the cavity / shell of the oven. Any ideas in case I
need to do it?