Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrolux Oven

In article ,
"John" writes:
In the middle of cooking the Sunday dinner the house tripped off (Earth
leakage - not overload). After several re-sets I concluded it was the top
oven (- Electrolux EDB701 - double built under). The grill elements were not
causing the problem so I concluded it must be the element in the bottom of
the oven.

I tried to heat up the bottom oven (fan assisted) and it wouldn't operate
(but didn't trip)

Later - I tried the bottom oven and it was fine.

After we have cleared up and washed the pots - or maybe tomorrow I will try
the top oven again. In the meantime - any clues?

Probably one of the elements is disintegrating, but it could be
faulty wiring in the oven.

--
Andrew Gabriel