Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Tim is offline

Default Hit it with a Hilti

Years ago Hilti sold a gadget under this slogan. It was essentially a tough
plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make driving hardened
picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for the average joe.

It worked well but I've lost mine and I would like to buy another. Hilti
don't seem to make anything like that any more. Any ideas where I can get
one, or something similar?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:
Years ago Hilti sold a gadget under this slogan. It was essentially a
tough plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make
driving hardened picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for
the average joe.

It worked well but I've lost mine and I would like to buy another.
Hilti don't seem to make anything like that any more. Any ideas where
I can get one, or something similar?

Tim

Source ebay?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Tim is offline

The3rd Earl Of Derby :
Tim wrote:
Years ago Hilti sold a gadget under this slogan. It was essentially a
tough plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make
driving hardened picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for
the average joe.

It worked well but I've lost mine and I would like to buy another.
Hilti don't seem to make anything like that any more. Any ideas where
I can get one, or something similar?

Tim

Source ebay?

Good idea, but nothing there. This gadget would have sold for around £1, so
I don't expect many are being resold.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim" wrote in message

The3rd Earl Of Derby :
Tim wrote:
Years ago Hilti sold a gadget under this slogan. It was essentially a
tough plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make
driving hardened picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for
the average joe.

It worked well but I've lost mine and I would like to buy another.
Hilti don't seem to make anything like that any more. Any ideas where
I can get one, or something similar?

Tim

Source ebay?

Good idea, but nothing there. This gadget would have sold for around £1,
so I don't expect many are being resold.

Still availible from Hilti. It is the BD1hand drvie tool. Look at
www.hilti.co.uk under the DX tools section.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Tim is offline

Stephen Dawson wrote
Tim wrote:
Years ago Hilti sold a gadget under this slogan. It was essentially a
tough plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make
driving hardened picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for
the average joe.

It worked well but I've lost mine and I would like to buy another.
Hilti don't seem to make anything like that any more. Any ideas where
I can get one, or something similar?

Still availible from Hilti. It is the BD1hand drvie tool. Look at
www.hilti.co.uk under the DX tools section.

Many thanks. I had looked round the Hilti site but didn't spot that one. The
Hilti page says this:

Uses:- Hand driving of 'micky pins'

Tim

Junior Member

As far as I know this gadget was never officialy sold. But you probably can get it in a Hilti Center (you can find the address of a Hilti Center in your area on www.hilti.com).

I heared that this "tool" will be produced to be sold regularely next year (I do not know a specific date). Unfurtunately I cannot say if it will be sold worldwide (in each of the 120 Hilti market organisations) or just in some special one. I hope to remember your request when I get more informations and post it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:

It was essentially a tough
plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make driving hardened
picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for the average joe.

Marvellous gadget. Make your own with a nail punch and a couple of
layers of heatshrink tube. Can't think what I'd do without it for
starting nails awkwardly high up in walls.

Nail punch tip hardness is a bit critical. Too hard and masonry nails
might fight with it. Too soft (most nailpunches) and it'll mushroom,
which is hard to tidy up after you've stuck the tube nose on it.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Years ago Hilti sold a gadget under this slogan. It was essentially a tough
plastic sleeve with an inner punch and was designed to make driving hardened
picture-hanging nails into masonry safe and easy for the average joe.

It worked well but I've lost mine and I would like to buy another. Hilti
don't seem to make anything like that any more. Any ideas where I can get
one, or something similar?

Tim
It's still available in South Africa under the name, Handifix. I asked my son to bring back a load of nails and accessories as you can't get them in the uk at all

Hilti tool -Rave [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 17th 06 04:49 PM
Hilti TE72 brushes Grunff UK diy 17 October 18th 05 01:24 PM
Hilti TE6A Knothead Metalworking 3 January 16th 04 07:15 AM
HILTI angle grinder quality??? Jeff Dantzler Metalworking 1 August 27th 03 03:30 PM