Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shelf for shower cubical.

What would be the best for this with due regards to safety, etc? It's not
a proprietary cubical so rather larger than most.

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a stainless steel corner shelf in my 900x900 shower in has two tiers
and works well purchased from plumbase,use stainless screws

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

What would be the best for this with due regards to safety, etc? It's not
a proprietary cubical so rather larger than most.

Most people, being taller than they are wide, would probably think that
cubical is not a good shape for the cubicle.

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
What would be the best for this with due regards to safety, etc?
It's not a proprietary cubical so rather larger than most.

The Boss found some wall-hanging plastic baskets in
cheapjack shop. They are about 12" left-right, with
about a 4"x4" cross-section, with two wall fixing
tabs. Bolted inside the shower, up near the top,
they are ideal for shampoo bottles. Better than
a shelf because there is less chance of a bottle
falling out and crunching your foot.

--
Tony Williams.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Alex wrote:
I have a stainless steel corner shelf in my 900x900 shower in has two
tiers and works well purchased from plumbase,use stainless screws

My concern was someone slipping and hitting a 'sharp' object.

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Wade wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

What would be the best for this with due regards to safety, etc? It's
not a proprietary cubical so rather larger than most.

Most people, being taller than they are wide, would probably think that
cubical is not a good shape for the cubicle.

Well spotted. But then you've not met me...

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If it is slipping that is the concern you should include anti slip mats as
hitting your head against tiles or a glass door would do just as much damage

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Alex wrote:
If it is slipping that is the concern you should include anti slip mats
as hitting your head against tiles or a glass door would do just as
much damage

As opposed to say the edge of a glass shelf? I'm not convinced...

--
*Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

nobody suggested a glass shelf in the shower

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Alex wrote:
nobody suggested a glass shelf in the shower

But by nature most shelves have thin edges and likely to cause more injury
than a wall etc.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

This Old Shelf? Tom Watson Woodworking 4 May 2nd 05 04:09 AM
my first builtin shelf... Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 4 March 1st 05 03:06 PM
The Shelf that Rearranged a Workshop - Long. Groggy Woodworking 18 January 5th 05 05:59 AM
Shelf barry martin Home Repair 0 May 4th 04 07:10 PM
Neanderthal-style Shelf Installation (long) Patrick Olguin Woodworking 11 April 5th 04 03:39 AM