Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What to line the inside of a cold roof with?

Hi All,

My loft is insulated with Rockwool laid between the joists and the roof
itself is rosemary tiles over sarking felt (C1948).

The sarking felt has about had it and is hanging down in places. I did
see a post the other day about some kind of super sarking flt with lots
of layers of foil in it which can be stapled under the rafters to
provide insulation. Could I safely (without risk of the timbers
rotting) add some of this? Or can I staple up ordinary sarking felt,
or something else.

The main reason to do this would be cosmetic and to reduce the draught
a little.

Then again, there is currently no eaves or apex ventilation, so perhaps
i'd better not reduce it too much!.