Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can someone recommend me a drill bit set?

I'm looking to replace my ageing combination drill bit set - a real
cheapo no brand set but it's served my DIY needs well. Looking to spend
no more than £40. However, I note that most of these sets these days
just play a numbers game "190 bits!" all mostly never to be used
screwdriver and socket gadgets, and basic things like a 10mm masonry
drill bit missing (which, looking at my existing set, has had a
surprising amount of use, yet isn't present in most sets today). I'm
also not clear what the latest technology is. It used to be Tungsten
Carbide did it not - now, many sets don't even mention this.

Any help appreciated, before I buy the biggest set possible from the
market.