Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Can someone recommend me a drill bit set?

On Oct 17, 7:03 am, wrote:
I'm looking to replace my ageing combination drill bit set - a real
cheapo no brand set but it's served my DIY needs well. Looking to spend
no more than £40. However, I note that most of these sets these days
just play a numbers game "190 bits!" all mostly never to be used
screwdriver and socket gadgets, and basic things like a 10mm masonry
drill bit missing (which, looking at my existing set, has had a
surprising amount of use, yet isn't present in most sets today). I'm
also not clear what the latest technology is. It used to be Tungsten
Carbide did it not - now, many sets don't even mention this.

Any help appreciated, before I buy the biggest set possible from the
market.

I can't believe that you have worn out every bit in your existing set
evenly and don't understand why you would want to buy another set. Buy
the best you can afford of the bits you actually use (i.e. the ones
that are actually worn out) to replace the bits in your existing set.

MBQ