Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Anyone have the specns for this player?

Does anyone have this Tesco MP3 player and can post the specifications.

"Technika MP-106 256MB MP3 Player (Black)"
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3836.aspx

--------------------

Am interested in knowing the following for when it is RECORDING FROM THE
MICROPHONE:

(1) what sort file formats it uses for recordings (eg MP3, WAV-PCM,
WMA).

(2) what different settings it can make for audio quality.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

"Andy" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have this Tesco MP3 player and can post the

specifications.

"Technika MP-106 256MB MP3 Player (Black)"
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3836.aspx

--------------------

Am interested in knowing the following for when it is RECORDING FROM

THE
MICROPHONE:

(1) what sort file formats it uses for recordings (eg MP3, WAV-PCM,
WMA).

(2) what different settings it can make for audio quality.

Well, although it doesn't look exactly the same, it appears to be a
generic Chinese made MP3 player, similar to those found here;
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/index.php

However, for an extra 27 pence, you could get one from eBuyer that does
exactly the same, but with 512mb storage capacity :-)

STM

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

"Gavin" wrote in message ...

However, for an extra 27 pence, you could get one from eBuyer that

does
exactly the same, but with 512mb storage capacity :-)

Maybe but I had one from ebay that broke after a few months and the
vendor had vanished, at least tesco will still be there

Note that I said eBuyer, not eBay :-)

I bought a generic one from eBuyer about 16 months ago, and upuntil it
was stolen last night, it never gave me a moment of trouble despite
being used for a minimum of 2 hours a day!

STM

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

On 16 Oct 2006, Semach.the.monkey wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have this Tesco MP3 player and can post the

specifications.

"Technika MP-106 256MB MP3 Player (Black)"
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3836.aspx

--------------------

Am interested in knowing the following for when it is RECORDING
FROM THE MICROPHONE:

(1) what sort file formats it uses for recordings (eg MP3,
WAV-PCM, WMA).

(2) what different settings it can make for audio quality.

Well, although it doesn't look exactly the same, it appears to be a
generic Chinese made MP3 player, similar to those found here;
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/index.php

Looks like the files are WMA according to this
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_hwspecs.php but with no info about the
quality.

However, for an extra 27 pence, you could get one from eBuyer that
does exactly the same, but with 512mb storage capacity :-)

At Tesco I get it in my hot hand! :-)
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Semach.the.monkey" contains these words:

I bought a generic one from eBuyer about 16 months ago, and upuntil it
was stolen last night, it never gave me a moment of trouble despite
being used for a minimum of 2 hours a day!

I'm returning one to eBuyer tommorow 'cos it's died - luckily within
guarantee.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

Looks like the files are WMA according to this
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_hwspecs.php but with no info about the
quality.

Most players will store any file format and play wma or mp3 (probably
wav too). It's up to you which you use
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

On 17 Oct 2006, Stuart Noble wrote:

Looks like the files are WMA according to this
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_hwspecs.php but with no info about the
quality.

Most players will store any file format and play wma or mp3 (probably
wav too). It's up to you which you use

But with what sort of quality?
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006, Stuart Noble wrote:

Looks like the files are WMA according to this
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_hwspecs.php but with no info about the
quality.

Most players will store any file format and play wma or mp3 (probably
wav too). It's up to you which you use

But with what sort of quality?

Whatever quality you want. It's just a storage device like your hard drive
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

"Cheemag" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:25:26 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Andy wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006, Stuart Noble wrote:

Looks like the files are WMA according to this
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_hwspecs.php but with no info about the
quality.
Most players will store any file format and play wma or mp3 (probably
wav too). It's up to you which you use

But with what sort of quality?

Whatever quality you want. It's just a storage device like your hard drive

But would have to be in a format that the MP3 player can read.

What you call "the MP3 player" is a program which simply looks for files in
MP3 format on the available memory. Whatever else is there, be it .TXT or
..JPG, it just ignores.
Plug it into a USB socket on a PC, and you can copy anything to the memory.

Ed

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Andy wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006, Stuart Noble wrote:

Looks like the files are WMA according to this
http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_hwspecs.php but with no info
about the quality.
Most players will store any file format and play wma or mp3
(probably wav too). It's up to you which you use

But with what sort of quality?

Whatever quality you want. It's just a storage device like your
hard drive

But would have to be in a format that the MP3 player can read.

What you call "the MP3 player" is a program which simply looks for
files in MP3 format on the available memory. Whatever else is there,
be it .TXT or .JPG, it just ignores.
Plug it into a USB socket on a PC, and you can copy anything to the
memory.
Ed

partly true, but you will find that certain players will play mp3 files of
certain bitrates, i believe that what the OP was asking, for instance look @
the spec of this player http://tinyurl.com/yg79gf and note the codecs and
bitrates supported, incidently, looks much like the Tesco's one.............

--
daZza....................

remove _mypants_ to reply
www.thekellyhouse.co.uk

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

"{daZza}" mr.dazza@"BUT PLUG"gmail.com wrote in message

incidently, looks much like the Tesco's one.............

They all look like that. It's a genre.

http://www.s1mp3.org/en/

Ian

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone have the specns for this player?

Hi, i noticed ebuyers site is not loading the images but everything
else seams ok to be. Just to let you know theres a new site just been
lauched at www.bigbuyer.co.uk the service will be better then ebuyers
and the prices will be good. the site is still been added to but if you
just crate an account this month you will get a free gift. so take a
look at it. Hope this is useful to you all. They have big backing for
major players and over 1000 new items will be added to the selection
over the next month.

http://www.bigbuyer.co.uk

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

In message . com, Paul
writes
Hi, i noticed ebuyers site is not loading the images but everything
else seams ok to be. Just to let you know theres a new site just been
lauched at www.bigbuyer.co.uk the service will be better then ebuyers
and the prices will be good. the site is still been added to but if you
just crate an account this month you will get a free gift. so take a
look at it. Hope this is useful to you all. They have big backing for
major players and over 1000 new items will be added to the selection
over the next month.

http://www.bigbuyer.co.uk

****ing serial spammer ...

at least had the decency not to try and disguise his email addy

still a ****ing spammer - and one to avoid

--
geoff
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

In message , Cheemag
writes
On 21 Oct 2006 06:04:19 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

Hi, i noticed ebuyers site is not loading the images but everything
else seams ok to be. Just to let you know theres a new site just been
lauched at www.bigbuyer.co.uk the service will be better then ebuyers
and the prices will be good. the site is still been added to but if you
just crate an account this month you will get a free gift. so take a
look at it. Hope this is useful to you all. They have big backing for
major players and over 1000 new items will be added to the selection
over the next month.

Let's hope the grammar and spelling on the website are better
than in this post.

Who cares, I don't think I'll be going there

--
geoff
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
In message , Cheemag
writes
On 21 Oct 2006 06:04:19 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

Hi, i noticed ebuyers site is not loading the images but everything
else seams ok to be. Just to let you know theres a new site just been
lauched at www.bigbuyer.co.uk the service will be better then ebuyers
and the prices will be good. the site is still been added to but if you
just crate an account this month you will get a free gift. so take a
look at it. Hope this is useful to you all. They have big backing for
major players and over 1000 new items will be added to the selection
over the next month.

Let's hope the grammar and spelling on the website are better
than in this post.

Who cares, I don't think I'll be going there

--
geoff

Sorry about the spelling, I will get it all checked. As for the site I
would like our ideas on what needs improving please take a look and

Regards
Paul

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y

In message .com, Paul
writes

Let's hope the grammar and spelling on the website are better
than in this post.

Who cares, I don't think I'll be going there

--
geoff

Sorry about the spelling, I will get it all checked. As for the site I
would like our ideas on what needs improving please take a look and

See my post above

Spammers never get my business

--
geoff