Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexi hose in Central heating pipes?

I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central heating
system.
The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent
rads.
Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged.
A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save
bursting into the original joints.
Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Thanks

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" newsgroup @pthreeasa.co.uk wrote in message
I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central
heating system.
The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent
rads.
Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged.
A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save
bursting into the original joints.
Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Thanks

Steven.

We've got a Myson KickSpace heater in the kitchen that is part of the CH
system and that came with flexi hoses much like those so yes, flexi hoses
for CH are available.

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
writes

"Steven Campbell" newsgroup @pthreeasa.co.uk wrote in message
I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central
heating system.
The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent
rads.
Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged.
A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save
bursting into the original joints.
Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Thanks

Steven.

We've got a Myson KickSpace heater in the kitchen that is part of the CH
system and that came with flexi hoses much like those so yes, flexi hoses
for CH are available.

I've certainly used some in my installation but I notice that the spec on the
ones from BES are 85deg for ones with brass fittings but only 65deg for
ones with plastic fittings so that may be a limiting factor. I'd expect those
from Screwfix to certainly be no better.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , John
writes

[...]

That might explain why everywhere I look it says "Not suitable for CH
systems"
After digging a bit deeper it looks like the kickspace heater might have had
its own flexi pipes made for the CH system!
I think the general consensus if other forums are to go by are that flexis
aren't suited to CH which is a right PITA for me.
Looks like I'll be buying myself a pipe binder!

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central heating
system.
The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent
rads.
Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged.
A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save
bursting into the original joints.
Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Thanks

Steven.

I sell Flexihoses for a living. They are definately not to be used on
Central Heating. Temp range -20C - +85C Working Pressure (12mm Bore)
15bar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bookworm wrote:
Steven Campbell wrote:
I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central heating
system.
The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent
rads.
Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged.
A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save
bursting into the original joints.
Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Thanks

Steven.

I sell Flexihoses for a living. They are definately not to be used on
Central Heating. Temp range -20C - +85C Working Pressure (12mm Bore)
15bar.

CH water is usuaally limited to 70C or so.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" wrote

The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller
equivalent
rads.

Another option is to fit make-up pieces between the new rad and the old
pipe/valve locations.
They fit into the rad and the valve tail fits into them IYSWIM.
Available in increments of 10mm IIRC.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" newsgroup @pthreeasa.co.uk wrote in message
I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central heating
system.
The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent
rads.
Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged.
A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save
bursting into the original joints.
Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Thanks

Steven.

========================
Have a read through this article:
http://www.practicaldiy.com/plumbing...cting_taps.php
and look for 'bendable copper pipe'. These items are sold in Wickes and B&Q etc.
but I can't find an online reference to them. Somebody else may know of an
online source.

I think they would be preferable to the braided type you referenced both in
terms of appearance and function.

Cic.

It has removed 1283 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

prog. therm. and heat pump questions Abby Normal Home Repair 119 December 22nd 05 12:38 PM
Central Heating Problem Bob UK diy 15 May 20th 05 10:55 AM
plastic pipes - central heating wig UK diy 8 April 29th 05 03:09 PM
Rayburn integrated into central heating David Cawkwell UK diy 2 February 8th 05 06:23 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM