Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a 22mm to 15mm elbow exist ?

Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Oct 2006 02:56:04 -0700, "David Sims" wrote:

Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

TIA

Dunno but if not could you use a reducing T and block off or cut off and block
up the unwanted 22mm end . You can also get T's with one end reduced .
OR
Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..Would that do .?

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Sims" wrote in message
oups.com...
Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

TIA

Nothing to add to Stuart's post except if you haven't got one get the BES
catalogue and see what's available. Note that some of the unusual tees are
bl**dy expensive.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart wrote:
Dunno but if not could you use a reducing T and block off or cut off and block
up the unwanted 22mm end . You can also get T's with one end reduced .
OR
Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..Would that do .?

Stuart

Thanks for T idea that would work, bit pushed for space for elbow and
reducer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Oct 2006 02:56:04 -0700, "David Sims" wrote:

|Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
|vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.
|
|Is there a reducing elbow available ?

Try your local plumber's merchant.
Ours is very good on that sort of thing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..Would that do
.?

Better would be a 15mm elbow and the reducer on the wall, rather than shower
side. It is lower profile that way.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:56:44 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..Would that do
.?

Better would be a 15mm elbow and the reducer on the wall, rather than shower
side. It is lower profile that way.

Christian.

But if the supply pipe is 22mm that wouldn't be a reducer would it .It would be
an increaser ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Sims wrote:
Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

Being bored I actually went to the BES web site and looked.

They have a reducing 22mm to 15mm compression fitting elbow, part
number 17692,

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Being bored I actually went to the BES web site and looked.

They have a reducing 22mm to 15mm compression fitting elbow, part
number 17692,

Normally, though, you want a solder fitting, as these take less room.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:22:52 +0100, Stuart wrote:

Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg

That's the approach I've taken for similar fittings in the past. Also for
reducing T's. It's often cheaper to use a bog standard fitting + reducer
than to mess about with rarely used items. Also since the reduced fits
internally on the 22mm side it doesn't extend the fitting much. If length
really is an issue it's possible to shorten the reducer and one of the legs
of the elbow a few mm using a wheel cutter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Oct 2006 02:56:04 -0700, "David Sims" wrote:

Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

Yes - they're widely used for sparge pipes in urinals, where the
horizontal run from bay to bay is in 22mm and the downcomer is 15mm.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Frank Erskine contains these words:

Yes - they're widely used for sparge pipes in urinals, where the
horizontal run from bay to bay is in 22mm and the downcomer is 15mm.

See, that's where a dodgy prostate gets you - plenty of time to look at
the fittings.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:11:22 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from Frank Erskine contains these words:

Yes - they're widely used for sparge pipes in urinals, where the
horizontal run from bay to bay is in 22mm and the downcomer is 15mm.

See, that's where a dodgy prostate gets you - plenty of time to look at
the fittings.

:-)

Actually a proper sparge pipe is fitted with cap ends and has holes
drilled along its length, for a continuous trough. I was thinking of
the feed to several stalls from the flushing cistern.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Sims" wrote in message
ups.com...

Stuart wrote:
Dunno but if not could you use a reducing T and block off or cut off and
block
up the unwanted 22mm end . You can also get T's with one end reduced .
OR
Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..Would that do
.?

Stuart

Thanks for T idea that would work, bit pushed for space for elbow and
reducer

There are tyees with 22mm end and two 15mm on the others. Use one of these
with an "internal" 15mm cap to save space.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Oct 2006 03:32:10 -0700, David Sims wrote:

Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..

Thanks for T idea that would work, bit pushed for space for elbow and
reducer

A T will be much bigger that a 22m elbow and reducer. The reducer fits
*inside* one end of the elbow making that connection 15mm instead of 22.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On 11 Oct 2006 03:32:10 -0700, David Sims wrote:

Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..

Thanks for T idea that would work, bit pushed for space for elbow and
reducer

A T will be much bigger that a 22m elbow and reducer. The reducer fits
*inside* one end of the elbow making that connection 15mm instead of 22.

That doesn't sound right Dave, Ts with a reduced branch, solder or bsp or
mix will usually stick out much less, the full size elbow has to turn in the
greater size making it stick out more even before the reducer is taken into
account.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:16:57 GMT, fred wrote:

A T will be much bigger that a 22m elbow and reducer. The reducer fits
*inside* one end of the elbow making that connection 15mm instead of
22.

That doesn't sound right Dave, Ts with a reduced branch,

But have the full non-reduced branch as well... OK prehaps burried in the
wall but is another "joint" that could leak.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Sims" wrote in message
oups.com...
Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a
vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

Try B&Q

Alan

TIA